Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 2017 New Year's today only promotion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hopejones,

I can absolutely understand why you are upset. We certainly do not want you to feel that way. We are happy to look into this for you right here. What was the purchase date for the Samsung Galaxy S7?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Benny57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same situation and remember exactly the same thing you are claiming.  Thank you for including that screen shot of the original offer.  I am usually very meticulous on reading the details of offers like these, but was really starting to question myself on it.

I just got off the phone with a very helpful rep in Verizon's Internet Orders department.  She search vigorously for any other offers other that the one that included the tablet but could not find anything.  She was told by her supervisor to fill out some type of internal form to have yet another department research it since they have "access to additional offers".  She said that would take 7-10 business days.

Please let me know if/when you make any further progress.  I will also keep trying now that I have your reference material to work with.

0 Likes
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Benny57  I found the CUSTOMER RECEIPT that came in the box with the S7 that I ordered on January 1, 2017.  Scanning through the list of features on the second page I see SAMSUNG S7 CREDIT listed.   Not sure what that means.  Maybe someone from Verizon Wireless would be happy to provide an explanation?  You may wish to check your receipt to see if it says the same thing.   I fail to understand how Verizon can deny the $18/month credit even though they have been provided the January 1, 2017 screen shot of their main webpage offering the credit, a screenshot of my order confirmation acknowledging the credit, and now I see SAMSUNG S7 CREDIT listed on the receipt they printed and included with my phone.   Had someone from Verizon contacted me the very next day and said sorry we had a problem with the offer as displayed on our website  that would have enabled me to cancel the order before receiving the phone.  Granted I would not have been happy but I could have canceled the order.  Instead I learn of the problem months later when the expected credit fails to show up on my bill as promised and it is too late to return the phone.  I would not have ordered the phone without the offer of the $18/month credit making the phone cost $432 less over the full two years.

ZEIGLER76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like I got sucked in by the same "promotion"  There must have been some extremely fine print that I missed.  I will be moving on from Verizon after this.  I should have taken a screenshot of the credit page when I purchased the phone.   Something didn't seem right...there was no commitment from Verizon about the credit in the paperwork.

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't received this offer yet either. Can you post the screenshot again as the link doesn't seem to be working

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was on the phone with representatives for a couple of hours today. They have been very nice and understanding but so far they are not able to do anything. I pointed them to this discussion but they couldn't see the promo's because the links have been disabled. I'm supposed to get a call later this evening but I have a feeling that isn't going to happen. I can't believe this is happening with a company like Verizon. My receipt also states a Samsung Credit but that is all.

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well it's 11:40 pm ...I guess they aren't going to call me even though that's what they told me

0 Likes
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

JAGS52982 The link to the archived January 1, 2017 Verizon Wireless main page is working again.

Cell Phones, Smartphones & the Largest 4G LTE Network - Verizon Wireless

The archived page clearly shows the Today only deal for the S7 for $10/month that Verizon Wireless is now denying as a promotion because it is not showing up in their database.  They need to make good on this promotion.

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

s7 screen grab 2.JPG

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

thank you mhalla99 I had got in contact with a service to pull it from the wayback machine

0 Likes