Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge severe battery drain after update
MICCRA37

Not too long ago I applied the most recent update to my Galaxy S6. Since then my battery life is being destroyed. 

• Looking at battery usage feature the top 3 programs sucking up my battery life are Android OS (49%), Android System (30%) and Screen (20%).
  • My battery life dropped 7% in 9 minutes after 100% charge.
  • My fast charger charges incredibly slowly when the phone is on. Notification when charging phone with fast charger says to use the charger phone came with for faster charge (which is exactly what I am using). My phone only fast charges when it is shut off completely.
  • More often battery drains while on any charger, including fast charger.
  • Connecting phone's USB cable to my computer for a battery charge does not help the situation.

This is incredibly inconvenient as I use my phone for both personal and professional business throughout the day but it is no longer reliable for either. My phone is only 1 year old.

Is there a fix for this??

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge severe battery drain after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MICCRA37 we want your device to work for you.  Let's get your battery working again. What software version are you using http://spr.ly/6582B7U8u? Any other recent changes to the device?

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HAMERHD

I'm having a similar issue.  My Galaxy S6 went into safe mode, I got it out of safe mode; it started to charge. I then followed the prompts to install an update (1/6/17); it updated and fully charged.  Then it started to drain again and would not charge. The laptop won't even recognize it when I plug the USB into the computer.  It continues to drain with no ability to charge.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HAMERHD,

We want to get the most out of that battery, it's important to make sure you're charged up. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions. Currently, how often do you use your device?

Heavy User
•Frequent use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
•Frequent use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
•Frequent web browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
•Frequent use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Moderate User
•Occasional, light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
•Occasional or light use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
•Occasional or light browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
•Occasional or light use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Light User
•Very light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
•Very light to no use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
•Very light to no browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
•Very light to no use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes