Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 frozen on red Verizon screen when turning on.
Yvonne_M
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on FB Messenger with a tech last night for an hour.  He gave me a Corporate Verizon to take it to.  To answer your questions, my phone is in pristine condition and never been damaged.  It's been in an Otterbox.  The old battery was HOT, not 3rd degree burns but hot.  The new one that I installed last night gets hot because the phone is stuck on the red screen which I immediately removed as to not cause further damage.  We've done several things.  Won't go into Safe Mode either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly appreciate the details of what is happening with the device, Yvonne_M. Completing a Factory Reset is a good step to take when troubleshooting, so we're sorry to hear you are still having issues. Since you have already completed it, we would suggest using our Software Upgrade Assistant. Take a look here for more information: http://spr.ly/6604EFE6I. If you find that you no longer can use the device, I would suggest looking into our other device options for a newer phone. We have deals going on and great prices for certified pre-owned phones. Check that here: http://spr.ly/6605EFE6L. EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
Yvonne_M
Enthusiast - Level 2

The tech, I mean representative at Verizon (she said they don't have techs) didn't give me much time.  When she heard me say it was stuck at the Verizon red screen, she offered an upgrade.  I asked about Flashing, she said no one has done that in 10 years.  I dunno, she seemed to know her stuff and told me it will never work again and walked away.  I'm not one to just buy a phone, I have to research.  Might even consider a different brand.  Thank goodness I have texting on my desktop through Verizon.  Still really bummed there's nothing I can do with my S5, she rocked!

0 Likes