Samsung Galaxy S5 - IMS Service Error Message
rpmuriera

Anyone know how I can resolve an issue of the message "Unfortunately, IMS Service has stopped" coming up continuously on my screen even after I hit the "OK"?  I've re-started my phone, took out the battery and re-inserted back into the phone, and completely powered off and turned back on the phone, and the message STILL continues to display.

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - IMS Service Error Message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rpmuriera,that would definitely annoy me as well! Lets get this resolved for you. When did that message start coming up? Have you made any new changes to your phone?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rpmuriera

Hi Marcus~

The message started appearing after I agreed to a system update on my Samsung Galaxy S5. It's still occurring and has been draining the battery as my phone heats up in a matter of minutes.

i have done everything possible, and even did an online chat with a Verizon tech. We did everything from taking the battery out, clearing the cache, receding the SIM card, and the problem is still occurring. I'm at my wits end here and would like to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly concerning to hear! Have you taken a look to ensure that all applications on your device are up to date as to ensure that an out of date application is not experiencing issues with the update?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes