Samsung Galaxy S3
RetiredTrooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I remove my phone number from a deactivated Samsung Galaxy S3? I want to sell the phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the SIM card and factory reset the device.

You should copy over anything you want saved to a computer before resetting the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the SIM card and factory reset the device.

You should copy over anything you want saved to a computer before resetting the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RetiredTrooper, we can help you get rid of that device. Are you wanting to delete all of your personal information on that phone? If so, then you will need to hard reset that phone in Settings>Backup and Reset>Factory Data Reset>Reset Device>Delete All.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RetiredTrooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

LasinaH,

Thank you. I have already done a factory reset. Afterward, I turned on the phone, picked English for the language and the next screen stated that the SIM card has already been activated and then shows my phone number. How do I deactivate the SIM card or simply get my phone number off of it? Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you trying the reset, RetiredTrooper. Our friend Ann154 actually had the best suggestion since a used SIM card should not be sold along with your phone to ensure your account security. If you remove your SIM card from the phone, your account programming details will no longer be on the device after a reset is completed. The new owner can visit a Verizon Wireless store http://bit.ly/3SdsA to pick up a new SIM of their own if they need one.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
RetiredTrooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jennifer,

Thank you. Will do.

0 Likes