Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4.3 update issues and more
Mech1065

I am also a long time Verizon wireless customer. I've been with them since the cellular explosion. When the carriers weren't in the business of selling phones. Verizon is simply following the horrible trend of providing a product or service and not supporting its customers. They are not the worst but they are far from the best. This will not change until customers are willing to do without "THINGS" and businesses are once again forced to compete for customers and customer loyalty. Whats truly funny is Verizon was born from a government forced split up of a company they felt had a monopoly on phone service. So Ma Bell was split into the baby Bells and Verizon. Now Verizon not only has a lions share of phone services, both landline and cellular,  but they are also gaining momentum with internet and TV services. And if they can pull it off, they will rid themselves of the old copper phone infrastructure they were born from since it is costly to maintain. Just the humble opinion of a long term customer that has watched the world go round for many years. 

0 Likes
erdavis910
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues with my phone like other Samsung Galaxy S3 users.  I was told by an agent to get a new battery as well as a new charger. I did these things and the damn phone still isn't working, hell it will not even turn on after charging all day.  They tell me that If I have any damage to the phone then I will get charged $300, well my phone worked just FINE with the crack in the screen until it did that stupid update.  The craack has nothing to do with all the issuses that I have dealt with over the past 4 months.  Im not paying $300 for aother phone nor am I paying $100 to the insurance company for another phone.  They(Verizon) know that they have SEVERAL customers haveing the SAME ISSUES, then it shouldn't be a PROBLEM with them REPLACING OUR PHONES FREE OF COST!!!!    I pay close to $300 a month for 4 lines with them and I have gone 4 months having issues.  The had me master reset my phone and loose all of my information and pics and videos, buy a new charger and battery and the shit still doesn't work. I left T-Mobile 2 years ago to come to Verizon due to Service Issues, but they are a lot better in the Customer Service Department. I had no issuse when I needed to change my phone when It was having issues.  Pure Craziness!!!

boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

they need to fix the s3 battery problems and lagging problems or give us a phone of our choice for free as a apology for all of the issues we have been having. I got this update in December and so far nothing has been done to fix it but should have fixed by now. worst update I have every gotten on any device I own. my phone battery drains like crazy even when I do not use it. what is going on. are they every going to fix our problems no they want us to buy a s5 or another kind of smartphone.

maliciousbuthot
Enthusiast - Level 2

guess what everybody still no update or fix. all the other carriers have already rolled out the Kit Kat update for samsung galaxy s3. Guess who hasn't?  Yup Verizon guess what else they are still actively selling this phone in stores and online.  I know because I broke mine went to the store paid $100 insurance payment got the brand new galaxy s3 again.  Again it installed an update without my permission after I clearly said no. Verizon it would very much be appreciated if you could answer my question of which I've started this form for we are not looking to place blame but show enough respect to answer some of my questions or a timeline for the kitkat update.

If you haven't guessed im writing this on my galaxy s3 with internet issues

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

they just released some update to add roaming in Canada but I do not have the update yet so I have no idea if it fixes any problems. hope you can update to a s5 soon. I hate this phone and I cannot wait to get a new phone. I have huge battery drain, apps crashing and lagging. they will not update it until the galaxy s20 comes out and by them everyone will have new phones. does Verizon really care about our phone problems. NO THEY DO NOT CARE AT ALL ABOUT OUR GALAXY S3 PROBLEMS.

0 Likes
rsstoner
Enthusiast - Level 2

The best solution is,,,drum roll please. 

LG G2.  I upgraded my plan to the new edge and I was, according to the saleperson, elligible to send my Samsung back on not get charged. 

LG G2 comes with 4.4 almost, you can do the update doesn't take long either.  Oh.  Lightning fast! Easy Scroll, easy navigation - better too.  Not clunky like the Samsung products, thin, and sleek. 

Samsung has lost my business forever!  Phones, Refrigerators, TV's Toasters, etc., - nada, nothing zip zilch.  For everyone in here since there is such a backlash, just google the issues, don't complain, just don't support their lacking product. 

They've been pushing the Galaxy S5  - mass produced the thing to get people to switch up their phones to the latest and greatest.  Their greatest failure was the unresponsiveness to us, the customer. 

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

it has been 5 or 6 months since I got 4.3 on my gs3 and I hate it. I have huge battery drain, apps crashing, lagging and text messages not always shown as read after I read messages sometimes. I cannot believe VZW or Samsung has done anything to fix our problems we have been having. they need to apologize for all of the problems that they caused with 4.3 and offer us a new phone for free. they should not have given us 4.3 if it would not work with the s3. I want the latest versions of android on my phone but not if it going to cause a lot of major bugs. a outdated os is better than a os with major bugs. if anyone knows about any fixes or tips about how to fix the s3 problems please let me know thanks.

cleo99

I'm also having problems - among them are: battery drain, delayed response, decreased touch screen sensitivity, and more.

Wonder what the ugly, blinding Verizonwireless splashscreen might have to do with some of these problems...

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

I am having too many problems since this update to list all of them. mainly the ones you listed are my major problems with the update. it should have been fixed by February or march at the latest. is Verizon listening to us about our problems NO.

0 Likes
BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

I got the update, it didn't fix anything.  It DID however, fry my SD card and took my family photos, documents, and music,with it.

0 Likes