Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 4.3 update issues and more
junits35

I too am having the same issues described in this thread.  I generally do not download and install updates until I've had a chance to see if others are having issues.  I know I did not do anything to download the update and I don't believe I did anything to initiate the install.  It is rather frustrating knowing that this issue was being discussed in November in general and in January in regard to the Verizon release.  It is down right silly that this thread is being monitored by Verizon, as evidenced by them picking and choosing small things to reply to, and they have not offered an useful information.  I will be heading to my local Verizon store to see if they have any insight.  Sadly, I am not optimistic. 

0 Likes
rsstoner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another canned response.  You, customer service, do not understand at all.  To really grasp the new Jellybean 4.3 update and what customers of not only Verizon but Samsung in general, please do the following before responding to anyone else's requests';   Go to Google and type in any or all of the following or just copy and paste - Samsung 4.3 jelly bean issues, Jelly bean 4.3 problems, Samsung Jellybean 4.3 complaints, Jellybean 4.3 is quirky, 4.3 Jellybean causing lags, - if anyone else would like to add to the list just reply to yet another canned response. 

0 Likes
rsstoner
Enthusiast - Level 2

P.S.  You and or Samsung knew there was a problem in May 2013: 

(proprietary info removed)

http://samsung.com/us/mobileupdates/vzw/gs3

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

junits35, we certainly thank you for taking the time to inform us of the experience you are having after updating your device software. We do want to make sure the device is working as it should after all updates. In some cases, if the device does not perform correctly, a proper step to take is to perform a master reset and see how it responds, here are the steps http://vz.to/1cCFXe7 Please be sure to back up your information before performing this and let us know of the results. Thank you for your time and patience.

-PeterV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

rsstoner will have fun with this one.... see item number 91 above...

0 Likes
junits35

Peter - I appreciate the response, but if you follow this thread, you know my problem is not a third-party app.  My phone was working fine before the OS upgrade was forced to my device.

"A hard reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can't hear, device making noises, can't make or receive calls, and device won't sync. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.

Warning Warnings:

• Performing a hard reset removes all data including the Google account, system data, app data, app settings and downloaded apps. Only perform a hard reset if absolutely necessary."
0 Likes
junits35

Looks like Kit Kat may be release by Samsung for GS3 in the next couple months.  However, there is some concern that the GS3 does not have enough RAM.  Thinking a down-grade in OS would be a better option.

gottabemobile.com

“These details come a
few weeks after Samsung confirmed the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4
KitKat updates for the U.S. At the time, Samsung Poland also confirmed a Galaxy
Note 2 Android 4.4 KitKat update for arrival but said that it
would not
be pushing out a Galaxy S3 Android 4.4 KitKat update because it would not agree
with the 1GB of RAM that the device has on board.

justaboutphones.com

“Samsung plans to
update the Galaxy S3, Note 2 and Grand 2 Duos to android 4.4 starting next
month which can be understood considering that the Galaxy S5 will go on sale
first. The update may not be coming early but I think most of the owners of
this Galaxy Trio will be happy to know that it eventually would. The Galaxy S3
(GT-I9300) was rumored to be dropped off from the Kitkat update list and since
then it has been a long wait for some “good news”,
the android 4.3 update created numerous
problems for the Galaxy S3 owners
and its about time that Samsung starts correcting their
mistakes.”

0 Likes
jadefu
Enthusiast - Level 3

I fought with this update as well, and the only fix I found was to get a warranty replacement phone from Verizon without the 4.3 update (this was back in January) and replace the os so the OTA update wouldn't try to download. After doing this, my phone has had ZERO problems.

My husband and mom who are also on my plan, and both have S3's as well, both are stuck with the vzw ota 4.3 update. Both of them are having issues bigtime. My totally non-technical mother even asked me "why am I charging my phone so much now?" and she didn't even know her phone os was upgraded, she knows that it's working differently than when she got it last year.

boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

just want Samsung to fix my batter problems with my s3 I do not care if 4.4 comes or not.

0 Likes
Mech1065

Good luck getting anyone to admit responsibility. There is a fix for most of these issues however it involves (removed) your phone. As far as a roll back to a past Android version forget it. From my understanding when Verizon changed the bootloader your phone became hardwired to the new release. Any attempt to disable, replace, or revert the Android version will turn your $600 Galaxy S3 into a paperweight. This is hard wired into the communication chip in the phone.

>>Comments removed; discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum...see Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes