Re: Samsung GS3 Battery Drain after 4.3 update
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear PeterV_VZW.... now just so you know... I had to LMAO about your response... here we are, in month 3 of this mess, with hundreds of comments by YOUR customers who are having the same issues with our phones.... with KNOWN problems with the last Android FW release... and you give this kind of a response...  it is just soooo funny... but in reality, it is sooooo sad that we get this type of response from a VZW tech.... it just solidifies why we all should jump ship... both from VZW as well as from Samsung... I have been with VZW before it even was VZW... and have loved Samsung products for years and years... but this single issue has caused be so much pain and bad feelings about the two of you... that I think I am done with ya'

Is it just me, who is having this issue with VZW and Samsung... or is everyone still out there having these same issues with no help?  If I am the only one left... I then... give-up.... and will go on my weary way..... 

skistenmacher

I was having issue also this so far has worked for me. Checked in the battery section to see what biggest drain was, for me it was exchange services. I have 2 accounts that use this I removed both accounts, did a reboot of the phone then recreated the account so far so good hope this can help others.

0 Likes
XM15

Not that I have anything new to share here. But my wife and I both have the S3 and since the update we have had the same issues. I'm getting tired of plugging my phone in everywhere I go. It dies in no time with hardly any use and all this since 4.3 was installed. I had a similar issue with my Thunderbolt when they added it's last update before I had to get rid of it and get this phone. It worked perfectly then the update ruined it. My S3 is the same way, maybe Verizon is just trying to get us to upgrade to a newer device. If I could have, I would have already rooted this one and went back to the previous version. I went to a Verizon store about this problem, they told me to upgrade to a newer device. I just bought this one last fall. The problem is not the device, it is software. Verizon doesn't seem to care. Months and no even whisper of a possible update that I have heard.

0 Likes
escudousn

I have the same problem with my G3.  Recently had to get a replacement phone because mine died.  Refused to start up.  No indications.  Samsung sent me a replacement phone last week.  I found that it discharged at an alarming rate.  Even after shutting down apps and setting scene to dimmest setting, my battery only lasts 8hrs max.  Very frustrating when my previous G3 and my wife's G4 lasted up to 2 days.

0 Likes
Lizer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to the Verizon store and according to the person I talked to it's

OUR fault as S3 users. We demanded (you all must have cause I didn't) that

our phone be able to do all of the things that the S4 can do. That meant

that Samsung had to release 4.3 to us without even knowing what problems it

would cause! Then, it was our fault for installing the update. If we

hadn't been so selfish and wanting something we shouldn't have we wouldn't

have this problem now. He said I could get a replacement S3 since I have

insurance on the phone, but all of them have been updated to 4.3!

So, it's not Samsung's fault and it's not Verizon Wireless' fault. I think

they are the same people that designed the website for ObamaCare.

Remember? That didn't work either.

I did find that if I turn off wireless when I'm not at home, and don't have

Bluetooth or GPS active, and turn my screen brightness way down, and don't

have my emails synced until I request it -- and don't use my phone much --

my battery does last a little longer. Of course, it really lasts quite

long if I shut it off until I want to use it.

cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lizer... this is the BEST post of all... in reference to the issues we are all experiencing!  Thank you for putting a smile on my face... even though nothing is resolved.... very good post! You should send this to the VZW Senior Mgmt Team.... Nice!

(I guess the learned it from Obama.... blame it on Bush... right?  LOL)

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't get it.

I had the GS3 for 18 months.   The first week of January a bunch of GS3's got the 4.3 update.  I was one of the ones that go the update.   I noticed a bunch of changes in settings and organization that were very different.   My bluetooth and GPS were both turned on, and I never leave them on.  

I had ONE DAY of battery drain, because of GPS and bluetooth., once I noticed they were on. I turned them off.

I typically get 2 days on a battery.

I do turn it off at night.

0 Likes
kwrnr1961
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, I’m entering this discussion late…. any update to this issue?  This is very tiring, to say the least! 

rsstoner
Enthusiast - Level 2

>>Discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum.  Please review the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rsstoner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm going to post instructions on Samsung Mobile USA Facebook Page (removed) because verizon and Samsung don't care that customers are upset. 

If At&T wireless were smart they'd offer an unbelievable deal to switch Verizon customers stuck in contracts. 

>>Post edited to remove discussion of moderation; please review the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes