Samsung Cloud Woes - Solution Here
dsmoke
Enthusiast - Level 3

My goodness what a complete fail on Samsung & VZ fighting with each others horrible paid cloud apps and releasing it to users. Not only do both cloud products not work well, the average user ends up paying for it since it's baked in. Terrible practice on Big Red & horrible support by Samsung for allowing no way for a user to access your own cloud data via a PC, sideloading another app or just clearing it from there website. I ended up hard resetting my phone, installed nova launcher, installed latest beta of Samsung Cloud which did replace no problem after the hard reset (had issues before). I was able to at least check and (even know you can't access) what is on there. I cleared out an old backup but still had gallery photos left. I tried downgrading the gallery up but that didn't work it just put VZ cloud in settings menu, worthless. So for me once you get the beta installed, sign in, use quick shortcut maker, most things don't work the goal here is to clear everything off of it. I had to download the Samsung gallery app which is also terrible from the Windows 10 app store. Manually delete the photos, empty trash, re-checked my phone and it's finally nuked.

Seriously big red & Samsung, what are you doing? Both your cloud products are awful and let people choose who they want to use. Use google drive or dropbox. Users should have a choice on what providers they want to use when it comes to backup, not big red forces it's rainy cloud down users throats and cuts out Samsung (who isn't much better).

XDA Solution

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Cloud Woes - Solution Here
bearone21
Legend

i use google drive...15g free!!!

0 Likes