Samsung Android Marshmallow Update
Y_Kashani
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung just rolled out their Android Marshmallow Update today and I was wondering when Verizon is planning to provide this update?

Re: Samsung Android Marshmallow Update
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

Wait about 8 to 10 months.....

0 Likes
DarlaEmm

I'm inclined to agree with your estimate. We're headed towards the end of day two of the rollout and Verizon is still silent on the subject.

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

When we do finally get the update, we will still be two or three versions of marshmallow behind everyone else, just like we are 3 months behind on the security updates.

jalecbronson
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the deal with this? I thought the s6 was one of the big flagship phones...so why be so lazy about updates to it? I don't get it.

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

Really.  Samsung is already rolling out marshmallow 6.01 to the S6 in other countries and we haven't heard a whisper out of Verizon for any versions of 6.0.  It's another case of Verizon taking all this time to remove features that the other S6's are receiving and adding in all of their bloatware.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Radar320, keeping your phone up to date is certainly something that as users, we all want. We know that you are very anxious for Marshmallow and assure you that we are working hard with the manufacturer on all software releases. To watch for the latest information, please visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/news/.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

Again, another canned response with a link to another website that has no information pertaining to the issue at hand.  The issue being that Samsung has already released globally it's second version of marshmallow.  We still sit here on 5.1.1 with a security update that is 3 months behind.

laurenesecuro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with Verizon and they said to contact Samsung regarding a timeline for the update to the Galaxy S6. Samsung said that it was up to Verizon... round and around we go! Smiley Sad

0 Likes
jalecbronson
Enthusiast - Level 3

yup. did the same thing. really don't like being [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] around by either. How about an HONEST response? I may not like it but don't treat me like a child.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes