Re: Samsug Galaxy S7 Rapid Battery Drain After April 2019 Software Update (G930VVRS9CSC1)
chschapira

VZW and Samsung need to get this issue resolved immediately.  Like others here, I get about 12 hours of battery life running basically in standby mode since the April 2019 update.  I had my S7 battery replaced by an authorized Samsung repair center on Nov 30, 2018 and was enjoying only having to charge my phone every other day until the April 2019 update.  Now I have to charge twice a day, which terrible as I have learned that the battery used by Samsung falls off after 300 or so charge cycles.

0 Likes
Re: Samsug Galaxy S7 Rapid Battery Drain After April 2019 Software Update (G930VVRS9CSC1)
naniromans
Enthusiast - Level 1

I  have this same problem. Safe mode did not make a difference. I "forgot" all my wifi connections as recommended by Verizon tech, but this week, the battery drain has started again. I "forgot" all of the wifi connections again, but it doesn't seem to be working. Please resolve this issue ASAP. It's enough to make a person want to change carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mdcclark, after a few weeks of your device remaining charged I can only imagine how frustrating it is to be back to the quick drain. Please know that we have confirmed with the manufacturer that they have tested numerous S7's with no issue after the software update. They do suggest that you check your screen timeout as well as brightness and then test the phone in safe mode to see if you then see a change in battery length. To place the phone in safe mode, please follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Power button until the Power off prompt appears then release.

2. Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode prompt appears then release.

3. To confirm, tap Safe mode.
    Note The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
    Note Upon reboot, "Safe mode" appears in the lower-left of the unlock/home screen.

After placing in safe mode please watch the battery usage and let us know if there is any change.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are receptive to all feedback, chschapira. A battery drain after a software update would have me looking for answers too. Above my post, LorenB_VZW shared the steps to best determine the exact source of the drain.

If in the event that this bears no fruit in fixing the drain, then I’m afraid a Factory Data Reset is needed.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203264/
On the off-chance that we are led to the reset, is everything on the S7 backed up?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Losing you as a customer is not the result that we want, Naniromans. We understand that your battery life is an important part of your device experience. Thank you for updating us with the results of placing your device in Safe Mode and completing the network reset. The final troubleshooting step would be a factory data reset. I know there may be some skepticism about doing a reset, however, it will confirm if the battery issue can be addressed through troubleshooting.

Please make sure that your content is safely backed up using your preferred back up. I use Verizon Cloud myself and recommend it: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/verizon-cloud/

Once you have validated that your content is safe, double check your Gmail credentials. If you need help with resetting your Gmail password, please refer to this link for help: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/41078?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Lastly, you can reset your S7 by going to Settings>General Management> Reset> Factory Data Reset. Here is a link to the steps:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203264/ 

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
DeanSmurf

I’m having the same problem... Has a solution been found. The battery would last 2 days before update. Now Android OS consumes battery in a few hours.

Verizon please resolve...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to look into your battery concerns with you. To allow us to do so, please reach out to us directly at 1-800-922-0204, or @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook. RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
Jandey1

I have replaced the battery 2x since last spring... Expensive and not happy... This is horrible 

Please fix this problem Verizon...

I know you can do this! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jandey1,

We never like to hear that you are having trouble with your battery. We completely understand how frustrating this can be and we want to gather additional information from you to help with this matter. Has the phone itself been replaced or just the battery? Does the battery stop charging after a while and that's why you replaced it twice before?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes