SIII and Wifi Connection Problem
hardpack1991

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and for the past week, I have been unable to connect to my home Wifi network.  If I try to connect, it will for 2-3 seconds, then drop off.  Prior to last week, there was no problem.  This phone can connect to other Wifi networks without issue. 

I also have two other S3 and they have no problem connecting and maintaining the connection to the same Wifi network.   Any suggestions on what can be done to fix this or what the problem is?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIII and Wifi Connection Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hardpack1991, thank you so much for those details. I would suggest on trying to place your phone into safe mode for a few hours and try to connect to wi-fi. This link will provide you with the steps on how to put the phone into Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1yHPWO4 Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi hardpack1991!

Sorry to learn of any issues connecting with your home Wifi. Let's see what we can do! Are you able to connect to other Wifi networks with no problem?
Please go into your Wifi networks and "forget" your home Wifi. Then pull up Wifi again, and try to connect, using the password. Let's see if that does the trick for you.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Aprilrose2011
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think you have the wrong email

On Thursday, December 4, 2014, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Aprilrose2011 wrote:

I think you have the wrong email

On Thursday, December 4, 2014, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

I don't think so. The rep was replying to a post on the Verizon Wireless Community forum which you must be subscribed to for email notifications of new posts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hardpack1991

To ChristinaB_VZWSupport - Yes I am able to connect to other Wifi networks.  I did "forget" my Wifi (while it connected for a few seconds) and then tried to re-connect, but it dropped right back off again.  I have also taken the battery out while the phone was on; put the battery back in but it still won't connect.  My other two S3 are still connecting to the Wifi with no problem.  Thanks. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hardpack1991, thank you so much for those details. I would suggest on trying to place your phone into safe mode for a few hours and try to connect to wi-fi. This link will provide you with the steps on how to put the phone into Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1yHPWO4 Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
mrrob1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my S5 . My phone doesn't work at home if I have my Bluetooth enabled. I went to the Verizon store and there were a lot of people with the same problem. They couldn't tell me what was wrong. The Verizon rep told me to keep my data turned on, that didn't make any sense I didn't want to use my data, I wanted to use WiFi

0 Likes
hardpack1991

KevinR_VZW, Okay, I put it in Safe Mode and the Wifi connected and stayed connected.  Now, how do I determine what app is causing the problem?  Is there a methodology or do I have to determine it by process of elimination?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Start with the applications you most recently installed or updated.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fourbyland

I'm having the same issue with my wife's Galaxy S3. I've tried all of the fixes mentioned and it's still not connecting to our home wifi. I have the exact same phone and mine is not having any issues. Any other ideas?

0 Likes