SD Card not found until reboot
pnmhos1967

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7 (updated fully)

SD Card: PNY Elite 128GB UHS-1 U1

The SD Card will work fine for a short period and after the phone sits idle for a while its acts like there is not SD card inserted.  Only a reboot or unmount/mount will bring back the card.  I have tried two PNY cards and and older SanDisk 64GB card.  All three experience the same issue.

I am using Spotify and Amazon Music, both of which I download playlists to the SD card for offline listening, but when the SD card goes missing, then all downloaded playlists are desync'ed.  The Spotify storage setting then also resets to internal storage.  I have tried uninstalling Spotify, changing storage settings and privileges, but have not been able to fix this issue.

0 Likes
Re: SD Card not found until reboot
bearone21
Legend

the card is probably failing & heap to replace.

the phone didn't deliver with one, you added an old one.

0 Likes
pnmhos1967

Two of the three cards are Class 10 UHS-1 cards (new I might add).  They are at the higher performance of MicroSD cards (85MB/s Rated Read speed) The 64GB card, while older is still a class 10 UHS-1 card.  All three have been benchmarked from a USB 3.0 reader and all three had sequential reads higher than 80MB/s.  Considering the older 64MB card was used in a Galaxy S5 and Spotify never had the issue on it, I do not think it is the cards. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pnmhos1967 - Having the ability to move all of your favorite music from your smartphone internal storage to your SD card is crucial. The great thing is, you have the Verizon family here to support you. When you used the card on your new phone did you format the SD card? How old are the SD cards you have? 

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pnmhos1967

The PNY 128GB cards were purchased on 8/13/16 (new, not used) when I got the S7(new, not used).  The SanDisk 64GB card was purchased roughly two years ago when I purchased the S5 phone (both new). I used the phone to format all three cards. I have also tried using Windows 10 to format all three cards.  Currently, the card in my phone was formatted using the phone. It does ot have anything on it, except for what the phone places there, plus the Spotify folder for playlists.  I downloaded about 40 playlists last night and this morning, Spotify(or the phone) lost sight of the card again and everything is gone.  I uninstalled Spotify, removed any left over folders, reformatted SD card, reinstalled Spotify and redownloaded playlists.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the SD card option is a crucial feature and a must have for me as well. Just to clarify some you mentioned. You stated: "I uninstalled Spotify, removed any left over folders, reformatted SD card, reinstalled Spotify and redownloaded playlists." After doing this did you experience the same issue? Have you tried doing a factory reset on the phone? http://vz.to/1YOD0QV

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes