Re: S8+ wifi turns off and on by itself.
drot84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had no wifi issues until the firmware update this past week. Now I have consistent wifi issues at multiple locations. Verizon really needs to get with Samsung and fix this!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drot84,

Making sure your device is functioning as it should is a priority. Allow us to investigate. Can you please clarify what happens when you try to connect to a Wi-Fi network?  Are you receiving an error message when the Wi-Fi disconnects?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
drot84
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no error code that shows up. It simply stops getting data

downloaded for a while and then typically 5-30 seconds later it will start

working again and start downloading data. Usually on the longer time

periods I will get an exclamation mark next to the wifi inidicator at the

top of the screen. This did not happen prior to the update. My phone is the

only one having problems at my home. It also happens at my work, and again

I don't know of other devices with problems there.

I have run speedtests and will get wildly inconsistent readings. At times

I'll get 200+ Mbps down/75+ up, which is what I'm paying for, but at the

same physical location I also got one of about 13/14 Mbps down and less

than 1Mbps up.

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 9:59 PM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing all of these details. Have you had a chance to reset your network settings? Please follow this link for more information: http://spr.ly/65878Qhhz

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
drot84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I did try resetting the network settings not too long after the

problem started. I also have cleared the phone cache. That has not worked.

I just did a speedtest and got 26.8 Mbps down and 1.21 Mbps up. I left the

phone in the exact same spot, rebooted it, and got 202.51 down and 78.98 up

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 6:48 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
SIG2017

The internet cinnection problems with the Netgear Orbi and Galaxy S8 has been widely reported on numerous sites. The problem started for most Verizon users after the July uodate. Netgear is aware of the problem. The only current work around is to sign into the Netgear Orbi as a Guest User. Thiis is not an acceptable work around for most of us as we loose control of being able to use our Verizon Galaxy s8 to connect with other devices in the local network such as home automation, Sonos efc. I cannot beieve that Verizon has not issued an offical statement regarding the internet disconnection problems with the Galaxy S8 and tbe Netgear Orbi. Verizon, Netgear and Samsung engineers need to come up with a solution. Having a $850.00 phone that is worthless because there is no acceptable solution is not right. There has to bee hundreds of customers reporting this issue.  Verizion Tech Support the issues started after the July  Verizon branded update for the Galaxy s 8. Please let us all know that Verizon is aware of this issue and working with Netgear to get this problem resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SIG2017-

Yikes, that is definitely quite some time to be dealing with this concern. I definitely want to get this figured out right away. I sent you a private message to your community inbox. Can you please respond there so we can get right to work?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
drot84
Enthusiast - Level 2

whatever happened was broken in the firmware update that I got on July 27. As SIG2017 mentioned, plenty of Verizon S8 customers are complaining. There is no step we can take to correct the problem. Factory reset doesn't work. Resetting the network settings doesn't work. It's something that changed in the firmware, so we need the firmware updated with a fix.

0 Likes
LAWalla

I have s6 and I also am having the same issue after the System update a day ago on Aug 29.  Software updated to ".....DQH1".  The update on Aug 15 was fine.  I have done everything mentioned in the messages.  Just like the others, my data is being eaten up.  Is there a way to remove the last update??

0 Likes
LAWalla

I went to the Verizon store and they said my issue was my 3rd party anti virus software.  They removed it and the wifi will stay on now BUT now I get notifications without messages....uhg.

0 Likes