S8 unable to use Google Hangouts
SCREDHEAD

I am unable to use Google Hangouts on my S8+ . I can install it but whenever I try to open it I get the welcome message which won't go away. If I click outside the welcome message box, the app shuts down. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, restarting the phone each time. I have cleared caches, adjusted settings, etc. I'm at a loss. I wouldn't worry about it, except my part time employer uses it. My boyfriend got his S8 at the same time, his already had Google Hangouts and it will open fine, so I know it has to be something with my phone. Can anyone help???

0 Likes
Re: S8 unable to use Google Hangouts
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Sometimes if you go to settings - application manager - hangouts - storage - clear data and then restart the phone. This clears the app and not always but sometimes makes them work. I have done this with several apps that would not work and have had a pretty good success rate 

0 Likes
Re: S8 unable to use Google Hangouts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use the app of your choice is important, SCREDHEAD. kathy65793 provided a great way to troubleshoot your Hangouts issue. One other possibility is that there's another app downloaded on the device that's conflicting with Hangouts. Are you using any other messaging apps on your S8+?

0 Likes