Re: S8+ screen cracked already without dropping the phone?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm wondering if the problem is being caused by putting the phone inside pants pockets where they are subject to being flexed and stressed. My Samsung Galaxy S4 and S7E are inside Otterbox cases and they the screens are in excellent condition.

ROBMOO49
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone was placed in a rigid two piece case (flexible interior with hard outer bumper) with a 100% Asahi tempered glass lens protector. I agree that keeping an unprotected phone in pants pockets is dangerous. The cracks didn't appear until 2 weeks after I received the phone.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Scratch my "Bendgate" theory.    The cracking could be caused by stress during assembly.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I know I would be sick for a long time if my screen cracked. Apparently the S8 is an incredible phone but it is also the most fragile phone and they know it

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/05/10/galaxy-s8-is-reportedly-the-most-fragile-phone-ever-made-and-re...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBMOO49, we always want our customer’s devices working perfectly without damages.  Let’s look into this further.  Has this issue been resolved already for you?  How long ago did this occur?

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBMOO49
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue is resolved. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

SPD10142010
Enthusiast - Level 1

If anyone has gotten resolution on this cracked screen issue, please let me know how to proceed!  My husband had the phone less than a week, with a screen protector, and when he took it out of his pocket he heard a pop and there was a hairline crack on his screen.  It has since spread across the phone.  We have called Verizon, who told us to call Samsung, who told us to call Verizon, it is turning into a blame game.  Any advice on how to get this phone repaired (without having to not have a phone for 2 weeks) or replaced would be appreciated!

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone is covered by insurance, contact the company. If not, I would take the phone to a corporate Verizon Wireless store and see what they say.

0 Likes
_S8plusnow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone assumes this is due to negligence, however I am extremely careful with this expensive phone and would never put that investment in jeopardy.  I guess it is out of the question to think that there may be a design flaw somewhere.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The problem could also have something to do with the assembly of the phone (stress on the display, bad batch of glass from the manufacturer or something along that line). I don't know if Samsung has made any statements about the problem as of yet.