S8+ Phone not keeping time reliably?
lindross

I had this issue with my S6 as well (part of why I upgraded).  But the time would be off an hour and it's caused me to be late to work before.  I've not seen a valid reason or fix for this either?  I'm in Indiana (DST).  I don't feel that I should have to set the time manually or rely on turning airplane mode on/off to get my new phone on Americas "best" network to keep the time correct and reliable.  So is this a Galaxy thing, a Verizon Network thing, or an Android 7.0 thing?

0 Likes
Re: S8+ Phone not keeping time reliably?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that your phone shows the correct time so you're not late for work, lindross. I understand you are located in Indiana. Are you near a line that breaks up EST and CST time zones by chance? Do you remember any changes just before this started happening on your previous phone such as downloading a new app? When you go to Settings>System Updates>Check For System Updates is your phone showing the software is up to date?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes