S8 Mobile Hotspot nothing can connect
JEFF_CRONSTROM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung S8 with Android 8.0.0, the latest update and since the update the mobile hotspot stopped working, nothing can connect to it. The hotspot starts and is visible however devices cannot connect. Is anyone els experiencing this?

0 Likes
Re: S8 Mobile Hotspot nothing can connect
JEFF_CRONSTROM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, it is not filtering MAC addresses, it is open except for the password.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JEFF.CRONSTROM,

It's important we get your mobile hotspot to work correctly. I rely on my hotspot on my device too. Let's get to the bottom of this. Have you tried to power cycle your phone off and on? Have you made any other updates on your device?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JEFF.CRONSTROM, we always want to ensure that you have a device that’s working properly. At this time, we haven’t see any reported issues with the mobile hotspot not working after the latest update. May we ask what exactly happens when you try to connect a device to the mobile hotspot? Can you describe the steps that you’re taking? Are you able to connect and browse the internet using the mobile data on the device itself (minus the hotspot)?    

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes