S8+ LED notifications not working.
brewergamer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got the brand new S8+ yesterday and I noticed today that the LED notifications are not working.  LED notifications are turned on, and power saving mode is turned off.  Notifications for all my apps are turned on, why aren't the LED notifications working?

0 Likes
Re: S8+ LED notifications not working.
brewergamer
Enthusiast - Level 1

It appears I've found out that the LEDs seem to work as long as it's not on vibrate or silent.. is there any way to have it work on vibrate or silent? That's how I've always used my phones in the past. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brewergamer -

Having a phone with LED lights is a must for me! I highly enjoy and rely on them. I have been investigating into this issue and I unable to find any resources that say it wouldn't work while on silent mode. Let's try some steps together to fix this.

First can you go to Settings>Display and then toggle the LED indicator off/on? This will reset it.

Can you ensure that you do not have a pending phone update? Out of day software can cause glitches like this. Settings>Software Update

Keep us posted. I am confident we can get to the bottom of this.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brewergamer, congrats on the new S8. I can just imagine the fun you are having learning your new phone. I understand wanting to continue the same notification features that you had on your other devices. At this time, there isn't a way to have the LED light up when on vibrate or silent, I apologize.

0 Likes