Re: S7 call filter not installed
patsymunn

Both lines show call filter on lines.  Only option is paid version of call filter.

When caller name id open I get "Get started" then Subscribe  $2.99.

0 Likes
mryan301

I have exactly the same problem. Twe Galaxy S7 for my wife and me. According to Verizon web the S7 is supported for the call filter app. Both:

- Are on rev of code received March 8 Build R16NW.G935VVRS9CSC1 Kernel 3.18.71

- Dont see the call filter app on the Play store (its there for my son's S9 though)

- Still have the old CallerID app, which only offers me a pay-for service. And it doesnt allow me to delete the CallerID app from the phones. 

- Have the Call Filter enabled in my account (the free version)

Is there a fix for this? I was told second hand that eventually I will get an update to my phone to turn this on. But its been over 3 months since the March announcment

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mryan301, I'm sorry to hear that after three months this issue still has not been resolved. I am here to help. Can you please tell me what happens when you try to remove the old app versions?  

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
patsymunn

Caller Name ID is a carrier app and part of the system and CANNOT be uninstalled by the user. There is nothing the user can do.  From Redit and forums this is a fairly wide spread issue among Verizon users.  We are at a loss to explain the complete lack of Verizon addressing this issue for MONTHS.

0 Likes
mryan301

Its not possible to remove the caller ID app or any versions of it. Ther eis no uninstall option like with other apps.

On my Sons S9 however, caller ID disppeared and was replaced with the call filter app without any action on his part.

Not happenning with my wife and I S7s.

I was told at one point that S7 call filter support will come with a future update. But the call agent didnt seem confident about it so not confident thats the case.

0 Likes
mryan301

Any resolution to this? Really need that filter.

0 Likes
patsymunn

On May 28 I got an email from Verizon stating that Verizon was going to issue another pushed update to get missed phones.

One month or six months who the BLANK BLANK knows!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome back, mryan301. We understand your concern with ensuring the Call Filter app is properly working on your device, and we want to help you in the best way possible. Our engineer team is aware of this problem and working on a software release to make it work. Software releases take a great deal of planning, as it is important that Verizon deploy a fully tested release to avoid any customer impacting issues. All future software release dates are tentative and proprietary. Please keep a look out on your phone for any available update. We appreciate your patience with this matter. Hope this information helps?

Like free rewards? Check out our new loyalty plan, Verizon UP! @ m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

patsymunn, being on top of our feature updates is crucial, especially for the Call Filter service, we want to be on the same page. Beginning in May 2019, the spam filter will automatically be set to block high-risk spam callers when subscribed to Call Filter and Call Filter Plus via the app. Is this the update you are referring to (if not, please elaborate on the email and update details)?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
patsymunn

The email from from verizon concerns the subject of this discussion.... NO Call Filter app on S7 !!

The email states:

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. We've processed your request. To recap, here's what we've done:

Thank you for your patience. At this time we are waiting for another software update push to get the Call Filter app on the phones that didn't get it from the last one.

If you need anything else, please visit us or in the My Verizon app.

If you have questions about this request, feel free to give us a call at 1.800.922.0204 or dial *611. We're open 7 A‌M – 9 P‌M, Mo‌n – F‌ri, and 8 A‌M – 9 P‌M, Sa‌t – S‌un, local ti‌me.

Thanks for choosing Verizon.

Sincerely,

The Verizon Wireless Customer Service Center

0 Likes