S7 Edge Battery Life after Nougat Update
Stina87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had HORRIBLE battery life after Updating to Nougat! My phone just dropped 23% in one hour! Has anyone found any fixes for this besides a Factory Reset? I have already cleared my cache.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S7 Edge Battery Life after Nougat Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stina87, we know how important it is to have a device that you can rely on throughout the day. Let's make sure that battery can hold up the way you need it to. Since the software update, have any apps been updated too?

Please run a device health check with the My Verizon app. You can view the instructions here: http://vz.to/21yk8YE and then keep us posted with the results.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

It usually takes a few days for the phone to settle down after a update. When you say you cleared the cache

did you do it from the phone settings-storage-internal storage? Or did you do it in recovery mode?

Stina87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did it in recovery mode. I have also given my phone a week to "adjust" and it has not gotten any better.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried this site

http://thedroidguy.com/2016/10/solutions-galaxy-s7-battery-drain-issue-issues-1066207

there is a lot of people having this trouble hope you get it worked out

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stina87, we know how important it is to have a device that you can rely on throughout the day. Let's make sure that battery can hold up the way you need it to. Since the software update, have any apps been updated too?

Please run a device health check with the My Verizon app. You can view the instructions here: http://vz.to/21yk8YE and then keep us posted with the results.

SamanthaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Stina87
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, all my apps have updated and I have run a health check and my battery life is still horrible. In 4 hours I have gone from 100% To 34% with minimal usage.

SHERLOCKWARRIOR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have "Nougat" for about 2 weeks now and battery life has taken a dramatic. 1:50 pm batt at 66% with light use. Used to last to 10pm around 30-40%.  S7 bad design no removable battery,  might be my last Samsung. Verizon update, I want ny old phone back!!! Where is the undo button??!! Messages are wack, phone dialer is wack, keyboard SUCKS!

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

WOW that is a lot Do you have developer options on your phone? When you go into battery-battery usage what does it say that is using so much of your battery

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I know what you mean Sherlockwarrior about undoing this update unfortunately once we do the update we can never get the phone to go back to what we had before. I also agree with you about the battery being the type that you can't remove. I had the Note 7 and if they would have had a removable battery I would still have it and they wouldn't have had to recall the phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHERLOCKWARRIOR, we definitely don't want you to be uncomfortable with your phone after the update. We understand that it can be hard to adjust to the new update. What application are you using that shows a keyboard you don't like? What messaging app are you using? Have you tried doing a health check >> http://vz.to/2hnWj4E in order to check the battery?

MarcusS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes