S7 Edge Battery Drainage with little or no use
BetsyT13

The last two days my battery has drained to less than 50% within in four hours of limited or nor use. The phone is hot to to the touch. I have rebooted it and its now cooling down. What is causing this and how can I avoid it?

0 Likes
Re: S7 Edge Battery Drainage with little or no use
BlakeCary
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im dealing with this also.... I'm going to the Verizon store today to swap mine out under warranty. Under the battery usage my S7 says 23% for Screen and 15% for Android System. This is insane seeing that my S5 I also have says Screen is 3% and Android System 4%.... I got this phone less than a month ago and when I called Verizon the rep said "There is a 14 day return window that you are past, you can pay 50% of the phone off and upgrade if you want or see if they can do a warranty swap" [removed] The phone if less than a month old!!

I regret EVER "Upgrading" to this [removed]

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bobbyjack
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like an app, or several apps, were running in the background. Don't forget that pressing the back button doesn't close an app. Anything using GPS will make your phone run hot. Or having ten or so apps minimized. When you rebooted, all open apps were closed, and your phone cooled down

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your phone is working the way it should BetsyT13. With the device getting hot, we would need you to take it in to your local store for evaluation. You can locate your closest store here http://vz.to/1RmOpG4

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BetsyT13

I haven't had a chance to take my phone in, but will try to this week. I have now put it in "Ultra Power Saving" mode when I am in the office. When I left work yesterday at 3:30 the battery was at 82%. I made one phone call (using blue tooth)  it dropped to 78%. I had wifi and blue tooth on all evening but used it very sparingly and by 10:00 p.m.  I was at 1% .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a pretty rapid decline in battery  power, BetsyT13.

It sounds like it is a battery issue since it is also getting pretty hot.

Are you able to complete the Device Health Check http://vz.to/2enO5LL and look at the battery category?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes