S5 update lolipop, bad!
katt1010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not looking for answers because there are none, but I am posting to let Verizon and others know abut my phone and it's response to the new update.

After the updates occurred my phone completely locked up, swipe screen locked up, everything locked up. After removing the battery numerous times, it now only sort of freezes up. More it lags all over the place. My pedometers no longer work at all, they freeze up and stop. S Health as well as Accupedo which I paid for. I can no longer type on my phone, well texting works ok, but if I go online, it lags and the words dont show up and then it gets really crazy. My contacts are continuously sending an error message that they have stopped working and need to shut down. Moving my volume and making it more complicated is ridiculous. I keep losing my 4G as well. Very rarely ever happened before update. I am now having to reboot my phone numerous times a day. My battery is iffy, it is ok enough, I dont actually use my phone that much, but if I do, I need to charge during the day now.

None of this was an issue before the update. NONE! I had a fabulous phone that I loved, now I have nothing more than a junk phone, reminds of the crap the pay as you go companies sell. I have had the S5 for about a year now and loved it. Now, I am trying to figure out what to do next? Cancel my service? I am not going to keep paying for a phone that doesnt work.

I didnt require any fancy updates of some 3D crap, I required a functional phone. I will be calling  Verizon to let them know and see what my options are, but I am guessing there arent many. Sad! I have been with Verizon for so many years and this is really the first time I have had such a serious issue.

Tags (1)
Re: S5 update lolipop, bad!
ffighteremtp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find it very interesting that we were offered this update that ruined an awesome phone right in time for the S6 relaese. Samsung and Verizon this is your responsibility so do something about it. Who in the heck releases an update for their current flagship phone without a solid beta test? S5 I used to love you, verizon I used to tolerate you. Now it appears I must shop for anew carrier and a new brand of PHONE!

jims2cool
Enthusiast - Level 1

I took my for phone in for the 2nd time in a week. It is a 8 month old Galaxy S5. They told me I need a new phone, and will replace it at no cost because of all the issues I'm having with the Lolipop upload.

radar320
Contributor - Level 2

I see more and more where carriers in other countries are halting the updates due to the battery and other issues reported here and are now issuing new updates designed to fix those issues.  When is Verizon going to step up and either do the same, or give us the 5.01 or 5.1 updates that are now out?

evilmonkey8084
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea ever since the update my phone dies so quick. I was at work not even 2 hours and my battery was at 50%. 50%!! In less than two hours I wasn't even using it!! Had to shut my phone off for the rest of the day to save the battery. It lags alot. I am having issues with the Google play music. It keeps saying that there was an issue. My phones sucks now. I am probably gonna have to get a battery extended case just to have enough juice for the day. Thanks a bunch!  My s3 has never gave me any issues as much as the s4 and s5 has. 😕

kfrioli
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my phone for six weeks and had so far, avoided the lolipop update. The other day I saw my phone 'reboot' on it's OWN and it had downloaded the update. WTH? I reset my phone back to original, which is a PAIN in the A** and again it is telling me I have the update waiting....now it won't even allow me to clear it from notifications. My phone has EXACTLY what I need....now. I want it to function W/O extra apps I do NOT want or use. I want to select MY options, not Samsung's. It's like some kind of 'spyware'...WHY do they want us to have it? WHY MAKE US HAVE IT? I had done my research when I bought my S 5 and KNEW I would have to somehow avoid...now, it has taken on a life of it's own....WHY isn't anyone listening? What are the 'benefits' of this....I only see 'issues'.

0 Likes