S5 RESTARTING, APPS & SERVICES STOPPING, RANDOM
Protector85

s

I've had my Verizon S5 since March 2014, and it's worked pretty well up until the last 2 days. Last night, the running services began stopping, and the phone randomly would lock up &/or restart on it's own, even hanging up calls in progress. some noteworthy items:

1. It happened on both wireless & OTA signals

2. It happened whether or not the phone was plugged in or not

3. I have 3 separate battery's. Results were the same with each one.

4. Services & apps closing were random. No difference if I cleared individual &/or phone caches.

5.Problem persisted in safe mode.

6. Used developer tools to stop processes...

6. Did a factory reset, and the problem STILL is happening.

OK, what did I miss??? This thing is a big paperweight to me at this point...

0 Likes
Re: S5 RESTARTING, APPS & SERVICES STOPPING, RANDOM
Snn5
Legend

This post might not get much attention in the Droid Maxx community, but sounds like you have a lot of issues which are very common at this point.  Just have to wait til 5.1/5.2 come out now.  Only other thing is doing a warranty exchange, and most likely, when it updates to 5.0 out of the box it will do some of the same things.

Re: S5 RESTARTING, APPS & SERVICES STOPPING, RANDOM
B33
Legend

Well hate to say it but it sounds like you updated to Latest update if the phone was running Ok and now it is not more in likely the Update is the Culprit.. all you can do since there is no way to revert the update is try running the F.D.R again or maybe running a System Cache Clear but if you still see issues then you might just have to wait till Samsung sends out a another fix update or see if you can possible get a replacement S5 Hopefully one that has not been updated...