S5 Audio problem: THIS PHONE NEEDS TO BE REMADE
Verizon19471

I have to flip the phone around to the back end to talk. Because no one can hear me if I am talking on the front side of the phone. I noticed there is not a speaker on the front end

0 Likes
Re: S5 Audio problem: THIS PHONE NEEDS TO BE REMADE
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Microphones are located on the top and the bottom of the phone (they look like pinholes).  Ensure nothing is covering them, like your hand or a case.  You also might try blowing in them to ensure they're clear of debris.

0 Likes
RLPinBTR

I have experienced the same problem and just posted a lengthy description in this service. This is apparently a wide-spread issue as noted in the customer response section of the following article - Galaxy S5 Explained: Audio | Samsung Electronics Official Blog: Samsung Tomorrow . Samsung tech support chat (two long sessions) provided no assistance or acknowledgement/recognition of the issue. BT headset provides great audio, but that's not a proper solution. ;>)

0 Likes
RLPinBTR

Both Verizon TS and Samsung TS claim they have no report of this problem! VZ even claimed this was a "strange" problem.

I've found that cupping my palm under the phone (hold the phone near the bottom and fold palm under bottom of phone) does serve to raise the transmitted audio level by directing your voice into the vicinity of the mic port, but does nothing to relieve the muffled audio problem.

Hardware swaps, factory resets or flushing the cache provide no relief to the problem and are just a waste of time.

A real shame for this really fine piece of smartphone equipment that the main function (smartPHONE!) does not work well! I'm now using a BT headset as often as possible to provide better audio when dealing with customers.

Rick

0 Likes