Re: S4 won't charge after 4.3 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear it's working again goodguy5000hd. A good first step for charging issues would be a battery pull and trying to test the charge with the device both powered on and off. If the problems started after the update, you may be experiencing app conflict with the new OS. You can also test the device in safe mode to rule out that possibility. http://vz.to/1hCWfLm

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
colonel_locke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good thing the Mod edited that.  Too bad it's a Verizon software *feature* that keeps adding my info.

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

colonel.locke wrote:

Good thing the Mod edited that.  Too bad it's a Verizon software *feature* that keeps adding my info.

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

If you are replying by email, don't include the text of the post you are replying to and remove any automatic email signatures.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

colonel.locke lets get you charged up! Fill us in on the details, was the regular USB supplied from Samsung? Were you able to use it in the past? Do you receive any error messages? Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
colonel_locke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Aye, I was using the original Samsung cable, and then tried alternate cables (which gave me a message that said I should use genuine Samsung cables.)

I was able to use it from May 13, when I bought the phone, until about a week ago.

I do not receive any error messages.

Also, OT, not sure why the forums keep changing my screen name to my real name.  Just wanted to let you know, I *do* have a screen name.  Smiley Happy    

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your real name is visible only to you when you are logged in. If you log out, you will see the same thing everyone else sees which is "colonel.locke"

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
colonel_locke
Enthusiast - Level 3

But if that were true, then why do the mods have to keep removing my personal info?  It's being added to my posts somehow...        

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I wrote earlier, if you are replying by email the text of the original post or the email signature with any personal information should be removed. If the text isn't removed the email headers with your tend to be visible including your email address.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

colonel.locke wrote:

But if that were true, then why do the mods have to keep removing my personal info?  It's being added to my posts somehow...        

Because as Ann154 noted earlier, you are replying by e-mail rather than directly here on the forum.  When you reply by e-mail, not only does your post automatically get posted, but so does your e-mail address, your e-mail headers, and the post you were replying to.  Posting personal information such as your e-mail address is against this forum's , which is why the Moderators will remove it. 

0 Likes
colonel_locke
Enthusiast - Level 3

And, as I noted earlier, I am *not* replying by email.  I am coming to the Verizon Wireless site, logging in to the Verizon Wireless Site, and posting on the Verizon Wireless site.

>>Comment removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes