Re: S4 not connecting to 4G/no internet services and saying failed text messages but sending them..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rebwie,

Thanks for the information! We want to get your phone working. Have you tried powering the phone off and on? Turning data roaming on like mentioned above? If it's picture or video texts, you would need to be connected to data (our network preferably since some Wi-Fi may not work) and in order for the person to receive any picture or video texts, they may also need to be connected to our network for data.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: S4 not connecting to 4G/no internet services and saying failed text messages but sending them..
rebwie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes we have tried everything..it's all texts even just words...data wifi

doesn't matter....All settings are correct

On Jan 16, 2014 11:51 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there rebwie,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having texting issues. We absolutely want to get this resolved for you. I want to review your account in detail to make sure that everything is provisioned correctly. Please follow me and send me a dm so I can take a closer look at everything.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes
rebwie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I've don e everything...happening more from my house ...2 brand new

phones in 2 months

On Jan 17, 2014 1:23 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rebwie,

Gotcha. Has this been going on since the update? Please accept my follow request, follow back, and direct message me.

EvanO_VZW

0 Likes
rebwie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes ..

On Jan 18, 2014 12:02 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
lulu1473

I am having a similar issue. My phone has trouble sending text messages, sometimes it will work if I turn the phone off and on again. However, it's extremely frustrating having to turn your phone on and off every time you want to send a text message. My phone will be connected to 4G service, with no wifi available, but apps will tell me no internet connection available. Another problem I have, is when I try to open web pages from applications (such as facebook or twitter), my internet explorer will tell me it cannot find the web page. The web pages are real- I can find them if I look at it on a lap top. My battery is also draining faster than usual. All of these problems started happening about 3 month ago.

0 Likes
Smoothasbutta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having similar issues. My Galaxy S4 phone has trouble sending text messages, browsing Facebook or the web. All the time I have four bars on 4G at PepsiCo HQ in Somers, NY. However, it's extremely frustrating. My phone will be connected to 4G service, but apps will tell me no internet connection available. Another problem I have, is when I try to open web pages from applications (such as facebook or twitter), my internet explorer will tell me it cannot find the web page. The web pages are real- I can find them if I look at it on a laptop. All of these problems started happening about 3 month ago. I've made several calls to Verizon help and their recommendation is to shut off the phone and remove the SD card for 30 seconds but this doesn't resolve it either. There should be a "rollback" mechanism for updates like this that cause show-stopper problems. I don't understand why this hasn't been resolved. I'm ready to move to another carrier. #disgustedinVerizon

0 Likes
mrc36

The exact same thing is happening to me. I'm having three major problems which all started within the last 6 weeks or so.

1) I'll have full 4G bars or a full wifi connection and my apps will tell me there is no internet connection available. It doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or not. Turning mobile data and/or wifi on and off does nothing. Most of the time rebooting the phone will solve the problem.

2) I've also had trouble sending text messages - the message will fail to send and no matter how many times I try to resend it it won't go through until I reboot my phone and start a new message. Attempting to resend the old message never works.

3) My battery has recently started draining incredibly fast. It used to last a full day with bluetooth and wifi on and the battery would only be down to ~50%. Now when I unplug my phone in the morning if I don't use the phone at all it will be at 60% within an hour. And this is with wifi and bluetooth OFF. I purchased a new battery and the problem is just as bad with the new battery.

I always loved my S4 and had no real problem with verizon until these problems started happening about 6 weeks ago. I have tried all the recommended tricks - turning off the phone and removing the SD card, etc, but nothing as worked. It is extremely frustrating having to reboot my phone every time I want to use it. If I get as poor of customer service as it appears everyone else is getting then I have to say I will never be recommending Verizon to anyone again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mrc36, a working phone is super important! Was there a software update on the device done recently? Also, check these settings to conserve battery: http://vz.to/1g8Ij5U Please test the data and bluetooth via safe mode: http://vz.to/1lHEexI If the issue persists, we may need to resort to a hard reset after backing up contacts, pictures, & accounts: http://vz.to/1g4OjOb Keep us posted!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes