Re: S4 not always sending text messages
Graftyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Karrielm,  please keep us posted.  What version of Android are you currently running?  Is it still 4.4.2?  Did Samsung state what they did to the phone?  Did they change out a chip or the entire internals?

<< Personal comments removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
Not applicable

<< Personal comments removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
karrielm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Graftyman, yes, I am running on 4.4.2.

I was very specific with Samsung, even going so far as printing out the entire conversation I had with their tech on the computer and wrapping it around my phone...I had enough run around with Verizon and didn't want to experience any more.

Samsung, wasn't so specific with me though, all my paper work said was "REPLACED COMPONENT - PASSED ALL FUNCTIONAL TESTING"

Fingers are still crossed, I haven't had one failed text yet! 

0 Likes
blwilli

I too am having this problem. It started happening to me on May 5th. I was also updated to Kit Kat 4.4.2 on May 5th. Coincidence? I think not.

0 Likes
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why are we not hearing anything from Verizon on this texting issue? My phone acted up again last night. I had to retry about 3-4 times before the text finally went. Where is Verizon customer service??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi HeyHank,

I apologize for the inconvenience, let's see what's causing the problem! When did the problem begin? Are you using standard messaging or a downloaded application? What is your current zip code? Does the issue occur with all recipients?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BadDad71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried that.  Didn't work for me either

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BadDad71,

I appreciate you trying some of the steps provided, we definitely want to get your messages going again. I do apologize, I searched for previous comments from you to identify what you have tried but was not able to find any. What steps have you tried so far? So we know where to go from here.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
BadDad71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried everything that was suggested on that thread I posted to. I reset

my phone. I turned global off under network settings. I can't even

remember everything I've tried. I'm pretty frustrated by this.

On Jul 4, 2014 12:47 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
elysecc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't waste your time trying to fix your phone with verizon wireless tech support. We have all tried what they have to offer and nothing works. The only temporary fix to get your text out is to toggle in and out of airplane mode. In the meantime, we all have to wait for Google to fix all the bugs in their most recent upgrade (Kit Kat 4.4.2). Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a release date yet. Smiley Sad

0 Likes