Re: S4 not always sending text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DanoNet!

Let's get those messages going! Thanks to jtu94 for posting this, but I wanted to make sure you read it. Pleae go to menu/settings/wireless networks/more settings/mobile networks/network mode/change to CDMA/LTE.

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you, thank you!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
heathermil
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done the reset for the CDMA/LTE network and it still has failed to fix the problem.  Hard resets don't work.  I also changed a roaming setting per an earlier post.  I'm still having the same issues.  How is Verizon going to fix this?  Ive been with Verizon for over 8 years now.  This is the first major snag ive ever had with my service that they couldnt' fix. and it's super annoying.  Resetting my phone as many times as I have to during the day has to be hard on it.

nwdzsarahb

This did not solve the problem for me. Nor does making sure my mobile data is turned on. I have problems no matter where I'm at or whether I'm on wifi or mobile data. The only resolution I've found is restarting my phone.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
Graftyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem along with Bluetooth dropping connection.  How do you rollback to Android 4.3?  There is no "fix" for this as basic phone functions no longer work with this update?   

0 Likes
jtu94
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check your data make sure its turned on and you have at least 3G. I haven't had a problem texting since I stopped turning off the data.

0 Likes
jtu94
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it isn't working right go to a Verizon Wireless store and they will troubleshoot with you. Authorized dealers don't have a clue make sure you go to a Verizon owned store.

0 Likes
lynna0224
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same Problems Here! And Battery Draining very fast!

0 Likes
Schifferbrains

Exact same problem. Have done hard reset and changed networks to CDMA/LTE. Data is always on. I do notice it happens more often when I'm on wifi but this never happened with any other Galaxy before and has gotten much worse since NC5 (4.4.2). At least 5 times a day that I have to restart the phone in order for a message to leave.

This seems like it should be escalated since so many people are having similar problems.

0 Likes
sunshine0026

I've been having this same problem since about a week or so after I purchased a new Galaxy S4 about 2 months ago. However the weirdest part is that almost every time, the text that has apparently "failed" actually has been received by the other person - I have had full conversations with people where it tells me that every message I have sent them failed...which obviously isn't true because they are responding directly to these texts. However sometimes the message really doesn't send - but there is no way of knowing which times it goes through and gives me a false fail message, versus when it actually doesn't send and gives a valid fail message. The other strange thing is that once I receive the "message failed" pop-up, if I say "yes" to re-send the text, the other person will receive it 3 times! Have these other aspects happened to anyone else? It is very inconsistent and definitely does not occur every day/every text, and has occurred when sending to both other Droid/Galaxy users as well as iPhone users. Any ideas?

0 Likes
RS3

I am having the same problem. It started within this last week. Somehow my wifi was turned on and may have updated without my knowledge. In two different locations to two different phones so far both of which I text quite frequently. Also I have noticed that while taking some pics the other day it would freeze up for a few seconds and wouldn't respond. In addition to that my keyboard would not respond very good a few different times. I have had ZERO problems up until this last week. How do I see if it updated and what it updated to? Is there a way to go back if this is due to the update. With so many people having issues why is there no support other than try this and try that. It is obviously an issue but no fix. I love my phone and have had it since Black Friday of last year. However I am not fond of these issues. If there is an emergency and I need to text I can't and then we are all paying a bill for under 100% phone performance. Is there a fix for this issue or not? Not trying to be hasty just would like to know something. Thanks.

0 Likes