Re: S4 Chooses incorrect time zone when set to automatic
JustaGeek
Enthusiast - Level 2

fwiw, I turned off wifi on daughter's phone, powered off phone, removed battery and sim card and waited for a minute then put back together, powered on and phone still displayed the wrong time, turned wifi back on and then the time switched to mountain time... but then again who knows for how long Smiley Sad  (oh and I went in and checked my home router's setting to make sure I'm not using the wrong time or time zone there and it is set properly)

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Have you tried a Reset System Settings in Menu》Accounts》Backup and Reset?

EngJim17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too can confirm the same problem on one of two Galaxy S4's.  This did not happen until after the 4.4.2 update on 4/25.

EngJim17
Enthusiast - Level 1

Forgot to mention I am in the Mountain Time Zone as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JustaGeek,

Thank you for trying all those steps. Let's lauch Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Network Mode>Set to LTE/CDMA. Then go back to Time Settings and adjust to your time zone. Keep us posted if this helps.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get everything back on track EngJim17! Have you tried to power the device off and remove the sim to reset the connection http://vz.to/1g2wO0Y ?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

JustaGeek
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ada,

I appreciate the response.. we had already just wiped his phone entirely and started over (which seems to be working.. at least for now).  Question though, with your idea, are you suggesting that it would have to remain on LTE/CDMA and you couldn't leave it set to global? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question JustaGeek! Switching to LTE/CDMA is just a troubleshooting step to make the phone recognize the time zone you are in. Once that is resolved you should be able to set to global if you prefer.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Firebug62

My S4 has also been experiencing the wrong time. It's an hour ahead and this started late March. It's irregular, but will clear itself each time after several minutes. I've gotten screen shots of the time, and then after the phone "resets" the time to the correct time, the information in the photo says I took it an hour earlier than the image shows. I've been able to push it to reset using Airplane mode, but this is getting irritating.

At the time this started, I hadn't done anything new to the phone: apps, settings, what have you. Perhaps taken several pictures. The closest time zone border to me is several hours away. States, in fact. But I also only have it going forward an hour, I haven't seen it go back one yet. Should I take my phone to a Verizon store? Could this be a software/hardware issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having these same issues Firebug62. You don't have to take it into a store. You can actually change time OFF of Automatic, so this can be updated, (while this is worked out by the manufacturer).

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes