S3 will not send text messages
navidean

It happened all of a sudden. I was sending and receiving texts just fine a few minutes ago. Now I can still receive, but I can't send anything out. I'll try to, and it immediately says "unable to send text".

I've restarted the phone, taken the battery out for a few minutes, restarted it again, deleted all text message threads, plugged it in to a charger... nothing is working.

0 Likes
Re: S3 will not send text messages
navidean

This is ABSOLUTELY URGENT

I need to be able to send texts for my job. I can't go to a verizon store because I'm at work, but I can't contact any of my salesmen which is a VITAL part of my work right now.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try sending yourself a text message from your phone and see if that helps.

0 Likes
navidean

It didnt send and I didn't receive it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this is frustrating navidean because we understand that having the ability to text is very important to our customers. I can definitely help with your issue. Are you using a 3rd party messaging application or stock app? If you are using a 3rd party messaging application, please temporarily remove it and test text messages after power cycling. Also try clearing your cache and browser history http://vz.to/1fkhKed . I would also like you to enable safe mode to test the messaging without any apps on the phone. Some applications that are problematic may cause other functionalities to have issues. You can enable the safe mode, test text, and then disable http://vz.to/1dMdZjU . Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi navidean,

I apologize for the delay as I understand this is a time sensitive matter! Are you able to text at this time? Were you able to make voice calls and use data as this is happening? May I have the zip code to investigate the area further? I will look forward to your reply!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes