S Voice does don't wake up using voice commands.
MindyLKey

I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 (just got it yesterday) - and the S Voice does not open with any voice commands.  I can double click the home key, and it opens and works.  But if I am in my home screen (or anywhere else) and say "Hi Galaxy"' nothing happens.  Even when I customize my own personal Wake Up message, it still doesn't wake up.  I took my phone to Verizon today and Best Buy and talked to their Samsung people and NO ONE knew how to fix it.  They even tried to do it on their own Samsung phones, and it just doesn't work.  Frustrating to have a function on a phone that doesn't even work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S Voice does don't wake up using voice commands.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MindyLKey, congratulations on your upgrade to a new Samsung Galaxy S5 device. We want to ease your frustrations and find a solution for you. The only way that we know of to access S Voice is to manually swipe the screen (right to left, left to right) until S Voice is displayed. Perhaps the alarm feature would be more reliable for you. From the home screen of our device, tap Apps>Tap Clock. For more device support, click https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MindyLKey, congratulations on your upgrade to a new Samsung Galaxy S5 device. We want to ease your frustrations and find a solution for you. The only way that we know of to access S Voice is to manually swipe the screen (right to left, left to right) until S Voice is displayed. Perhaps the alarm feature would be more reliable for you. From the home screen of our device, tap Apps>Tap Clock. For more device support, click https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GLW163
Contributor - Level 1

If you do a ggogle search you will see this is not just Verizon S5 but all carriers. For some reason Samsung destroyed this feature. There is a work around if you want total voice control. Set up "google now" then use your voice to wakeup the phone by saying "ok google". Next tell "google now" to open s-voice and s-voice will open ready for your voice command. Takes a little longer but total voice control.

0 Likes