Removing Attention Box with HotSpot
homas
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whenever I activate my HotSpot an Attention box pops up REPEATEDLY. It says "Mobile HotSpot is currently active. WiFi and Mobile HotSpot cannot run at the same time." Then it has 2 click bars: Disable Mobile Hotspot and Do Not Turn on WiFi. No matter how many times I click the box it continues to reappear. It is Very Irritating! How can I make it go away forever? Thanks.

Tom

0 Likes
Re: Removing Attention Box with HotSpot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi homas,

I can imagine the annoyance this screen causes. Let's make sure we get it to completely go away so you can enjoy the hotspot service. I want you to please go into the device Settings > click on WiFi and confirm the Notify me is unchecked. Then click on Advanced at the bottom and confirm Auto-connect is also off. Let us know if this clears up the message.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter VZWSupport

0 Likes
LinuxNinja

Might you have another app running the auto-enables WiFi?

Some sync'ing apps will turn on WiFi if it's off. So will WiFi Analyzer.

If you go into Settings and you turn off WiFi, does it stay off, or does it turn itself back on?

0 Likes
Bob44077

I am still having this problem, and it is very irritating. Thos message effectively shuts down the Mobile Hotspot until I click on the message, but the mesage return 15 seconds later.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bob44077, I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues. Thanks for trying the steps above. Can you please try this: http://is.gd/JVPNs3 and retest.^SP

0 Likes
nctiger

I am having the same issue. Tried the directions to uncheck notify me and autocorrect. Any other ideas????

0 Likes