Reception with Samsung SIII
char21

Well its to late to return my phone.  I wish I would have known about this blog first before purchasing this phone.  I work from home I own my own business and rely on my cell phone for all my transactions.  On a daily bases I pull my battery and or sim card in order for text messages to go through or reboot this sluggish phone.  I have my first grandson that I also babysit for and take lots of pictures so my battery is drained fast.  I was looking in adding additional mah for my phone however I noticed in some blogs that this makes your reception even worse...how much worse can it get I only get one bar at home.   In order to make some of my business calls I have to go outside, and this is not conducive to my work in the medical field.  Yes I know about the extender but I noticed that is also a hit and miss with the Samsung 3s.  I think my only alternative is a land line.  Is there a fix for this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Reception with Samsung SIII
AmerikinWmn

I'm having the same issues. We have a place on a lake and I drop calls constantly here. I've contacted Verizon and even though they told me before I switched from ATT that they had good coverage here, they now say it's a minimal coverage zone due to the terrain. Since I tend to be here alone it worries me not always having a signal. Funny thing is I have the Verizon Hot Spot and there is no problem with that; I get online easily and it works relatively fast, sometimes as well as my cable at home. That leads me to believe it's the phone that is the problem. I even downloaded a signal booster for Android from the play store. It did help slightly so you may want to try that.

0 Likes
VenomByte
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having issues since I got the phone.  Several calls to VZW and no resolution.  I was hoping today's update might have a fix but I don't see anything in the release notes.  Might have to try AT&T next time I'm ready to upgrade.  VZW service is horrible now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Char21, thanks for posting. I would love to help resolve your issue. I can understand how important it is for you to use your phone for business. How long have you had reception issues? How many lines are on your account? Do all the lines have the same issues? Do you have issues with data services or just voice reception? Please give more details so I can further assist.

SammuelP_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Char250

Thank you for responding, however I did call the tech center and they are sending a phone out to replace my current phone.

To answer your questions, the reception issue ... has always been an issue...but is now more aggravating now that I am busy.

We have 6 lines on our account and  two of those lines live in the same house and do not have any problems, and they both have Iphones.  I do not have any issues with the data services it is just the voice and reception and texts failing.  This problems is only in my home.  If I go to visit other offices or another home I have no problem.  Just my home.

0 Likes
Char250

So having been through two tech and two phones.  Verizon's answer was buy the extender for $250.00.

However from reading other blogs this may or may not work.  I need a reliable phone for my business and Samsung Galaxy S III is not it.  I am really frustrated with Verizon Tech Service how they contradict one another.  So now for $50.00 more on the extender I can purchase an Iphone 5 on ebay.

Thanks Verizon!

0 Likes
andy1799
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did they offer you any type of replacement phone? Such as a swap to a totally differerent phone?

My reception is atrocious, I cant even use it in my house, Right now its roaming.

RIght now my signal strength is -99

0 Likes
Char250

No I was not offered any deals, or replacement phones.  I feel your pain, I work from home and need my phone to work.  One other person in my family plan was up for a new phone in 2012 so I used his upgrade and I now have IPhone 5.  Not happy but it works.

0 Likes
andy1799
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did they initially replace your galaxy s3? if so how many times?

I read in another thread that someone was offered the razor as a replacement

0 Likes
Char250

Yes they did replace my Galaxy S3 twice.  I thought about the Razor and my son has one, when he came to visit he was having the same issues as my Galaxy, that is why I stayed away from Droids and went to IPhone.

0 Likes