Receiving Duplicate Text Messages
drock1015

I installed the OTA update for my Galaxy S4 the other day. Ever since I installed it I am receiving 2 text messages when they are sent to me. The only text messaging app that I have on my phone is the default one that comes preinstalled. Any idea how to make it so I only get 1 of each text message that is sent to me? It is not hampering my ability to use the phone, but it is quite annoying to receive a text and then 3 seconds later receive the exact same one. This does not happen with every text I receive now, but I would estimate that it happens with about 50% of them. This problem is not specific to receiving texts from a certain phone or carrier as I have experienced this problem with other Verizon GS4s, Verizon Razr Maxx, Verizon iPhone 5, and AT&T iPhone 4, 4s, and 5.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving Duplicate Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drock1015, these are great details. Thanks for this information. First, I recommend that you delete all unwanted text messages and power your device off/on to soft reset it.

Software updates are pushed to your device to give you the best wireless experience. It provides patches, which fixed software incompatible bugs and improved software performance to make your device more secure and it reduces conflict.  However, it can sometimes affect the performance of it when conflicting with other 3rd party applications downloaded to your phone. If the issue persists, I recommend that you hard reset your phone. http://bit.ly/y5iuoj Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Receiving Duplicate Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drock1015, these are great details. Thanks for this information. First, I recommend that you delete all unwanted text messages and power your device off/on to soft reset it.

Software updates are pushed to your device to give you the best wireless experience. It provides patches, which fixed software incompatible bugs and improved software performance to make your device more secure and it reduces conflict.  However, it can sometimes affect the performance of it when conflicting with other 3rd party applications downloaded to your phone. If the issue persists, I recommend that you hard reset your phone. http://bit.ly/y5iuoj Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes