Re: Random restart after recent 10/14 update
Boricua3205
Enthusiast - Level 2

We need to spread the word, flood Verizon Wireless | Facebook

0 Likes
Boricua3205
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory Data Reset, basically restore to default settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the error pageOle1kanobe. I understand it's important to review this information. This link http://vz.to/1ptZFQK includes the information about the software update.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
rlwilson39
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. I did the NG6 Update on Saturday and have had reboots since then which has caused me to miss some very important calls.

In another thread I read that someone noticed the Knox app was reactivated after the update. I looked and found the same issue. I have deactivated Knox since I use a different Virus protection.

I also loaded the Reboot logger to track any further reboots. Since the reboots are very random, I'll try to reply again soon if it reboots since the Knox app has be deactivated.

Hopefully this helps. I imagine 2 virus apps running is not good.

Also my Maps app shut down after selecting the destination search command this morning.

0 Likes
rlwilson39
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, so that didn't help! I had another reboot at 2014-10-20 11:09:12 CST.

I was listening to iHeart radio when the reboot occurred. Also had a bluetooth device connected. Upon reboot iHeart did not restart, however the blurtooth device did reconnect.Kathleen

KBG

0 Likes
skier3284
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue, since I have done the update phone is constantly rebooting.  Despite what Verizon says about placing the blame on Samsung they add their own customization to these updates that tends to break them.  My girlfriend has the same phone on t-mobile and has never had a problem with updates screwing up her phone because they actually QA there updates, might be time to make a switch.