Problems with smart lock swipe not working after oreo update?
JonnyEnglish

I have a galaxy s7 and just updated to oreo last night now I have to swipe 4-5 times to unlock my screen when using smart unlock. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Problems with smart lock swipe not working after oreo update?
RACBRO23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem.  Also just found out wireless charging is not working.

bearone21
Legend

in the past, having security of fingerprint/swipe/pin, needed to be removed before update & in most cases required the master reset!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnnyEnglish, I know how important it is for your lock features to work correctly. Do you have any type of pattern or PIN code on your device currently? Other than the update, have you made any other changes to your device, such as downloading a new app, or updating apps on the phone? 

Michelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RACBRO23, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues using your Galaxy S7 device, and we would be glad to help you troubleshoot the issue to resolve the problem with your wireless charging not working. to confirm, for how long have you been having this issue with your phone, and what kind of troubleshooting steps if any have you already taken to correCT the problem?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes