Problems with applications and sticking on loading screen upon boot up
scm1478

Hello,

So a problem arose with my GS4 beginning yesterday afternoon.  I was using my phone to check game times for the ncaa basketball tournament on google chrome when the application suddenly crashed.  I tried to re-open the browser and after doing so the phone almost immediately closed it again.  I thought perhaps it was just a problem with the program so tried out some other applications on my phone.  They all exhibited the same behavior (opened, immediately closed).  In an attempt to resolve this, I restarted the phone and then ran into another problem.  Upon restart, my phone loaded up until the Verizon loading screen and would not advance further.  After roughly 10 minutes, I removed the battery from the phone to kill the power, waited ~1 minute, re installed the battery, and attempted to start the device back up.  Again it could make go further in the boot up sequence than the Verizon screen.  I was unable to correct this problem unless I removed the battery, re installed it, plugged the phone into a charger, and then turned the phone on.  This issue is persisting today - applications are still crashing and I am unable to use my phone for anything other than a large watch - and it's rather frustrating.  I thought perhaps it was battery issue, so plugged the phone in and tried to load an application with no success.

So... do I have a battery issue?  Software?  Hardware?

Best regards.

0 Likes
Re: Problems with applications and sticking on loading screen upon boot up
scm1478

Update: after being plugged in for a half hour (battery not at 100% still) the programs are opening if that helps diagnose or gives any other indicator of what is going on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scm1478,

We want you to have a fully functional device! Your issue sounds as if it may be software related. Please place your phone in "Safe Mode" and see if the issue persists. http://vz.to/1hSCHPI Keep us posted.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scm1478

Hello Lindsey,

I was unsuccessful in my attempt to start my phone in safe mode.  I then took it over to a physical store where the IT guy there confirmed it was a software issue not related to a third-party application.  Defective phone has been replaced with a refurb.

Thanks

0 Likes