Re: Problems with Rebate.
MikeyMac27

Im in, currently in a debate with a few representatives. One gave me a passcode the other says she cant because its passed my due date and the last says i have to take it up with the store itself

0 Likes
FROGGY0069
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my S7 phones on March 28 and have talked to the rebate center on May 21, June 14 and also today June 27. Keep getting told that all my submission information is correct yet they cant seem to be able to change the computer information to reflect that. I have now been told three times that it has been put into a 15 day escalation. When I asked to talk to the supervisor at the rebate center I was told that I couldn't be transferred over the phone and had to go through corporate customer service. By now I am so ready to join ant kind of class action suite.

0 Likes
DUFFERDUDE
Enthusiast - Level 3

after 3 invalid messages and a couple chats and a few verizon support people emailing me, i called on the 15th day of my "escalation" low and behold it was a supervisor? amazing luck? I doubt it.

Found out it was an issue with one of my phone numbers being off by 1 number? it took this long to find that out? amazing. was given a new rebate number and it still shows valid. supposedly my rebate card should be here within a couple weeks?

BTW I had a verizon support person, rosannem_vzw send me an email asking for my name and phone number and account password. I replied then realized it had to be a scam. Maybe they changed my address? since the card comes activated? thats a joke too. I changed my password and havent had any fallout from it.

No reply either, but i expected that.

If and when i get my visa card I'll let you guys know

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

is a legitimate vzw rep and if they sent you a direct message in the Verizon Wireless Community forum asking for that information, it was also a legitimate request. You could have responded to them asking them to call you first so you verify they are a real person from the vzw support team.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JILGAT43
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in - I have been fighting with the rebate center for over a month.  They say they have everything they need, but will still not approve the rebate. I am going to attempt to call one more time today and tell them that I will contact the BBB and my attorney if I don't receive the rebate in the next 5 days.  Hoping that will work.

rcschnoor
Legend

JILGAT43 wrote:

I'm in

Then it is inevitable you will find out it won't be a class action lawsuit against Verizon. Read the following and then look into filing your own individual claim if necessary.Smiley Happy

Why you can't sue your wireless carrier in a class action - CNET

0 Likes
KRUTCH44
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you bought it at a verizon store go there immediately.I had the same thing just happen to me.The salesman lied to face and said we were never getting gift cards.It seems to me this is a scam.When in the process of checking on the rebate I finally talked to a guy who let it slip that this was happening a lot and he was telling people to go to the store.And tell them they will hve to make it right.I did .Unfourtunately its friday at 5pm .so he told me he would look in to it and call me monday.I'll update when I know more.

anionru2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  I have gone to the store and the manager said he was going to look into it.  Of course, he is out today so I can't talk to him.  The rebate was supposed to be sent yesterday.  I contacted the chat again and they told the same load of crap they have been telling me for the past month "invalid because of purchase information", which I have resubmitted 3 times and had the store manager submit.

mortgage
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in..... I have been going back and forth with these people since March. I have yet to see a rebate. as a matter of fact... Has Anyone seen a rebate????

RANMAZ98
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't get a copy of our signed Agreement from the store, which was required for my rebate.. Well, actually I qualified for the wrong rebate to begin with.  Long story, here goes:

After about an hour in the store getting our new phones, it came time to port the numbers and accessorize with cases.  Except the store didn't have hard cases anymore for the Droid Turbos.  So, we decided we would buy those separately from Amazon, keep using our 'old' phones, and add a Temp Number to our Droid Turbos, aka, we decided NOT TO PORT and begin using them without the cases, as we've damaged phones in the first few days without hard cases in the past.

Soooo, when I went online to find my rebates that I qualified for, I used my current phone number and not the temp, and therefore, the only rebate I qualified for was a $50 gift card, as opposed to the BOGO ($199 off).

Suspicious, I called right away, and it the CSR told me they COULD NOT tell me what rebate I was attempting, despite the TRACKING NUMBER I gave them.  The CSR couldn't even give me an amount.  Said to try back in 5-7 days.

I did not, I just waited for the email, which said my rebate failed.  There were 4 failure reasons given, including the phone numbers being wrong.

I started up my FIRST of THREE chats with CSRs that day.  First off, the Tracking number given in the rejection email, did NOT match my original tracking number.  Not sure where the [removed] that one even came from.  Secondly, the valid tracking number had 3 issues listed.  One of which was, I was told, that the Bar Codes were not legible.

I found that curious as they were the ORIGINALS!!!

The first CSR flat out got fed up with me after 40 minutes and discontinued the Chat.

The next CSR was a lot more cordial and informing.  Told me that the Bar Code was indeed not legible, but brilliantly took the time to explain how that happens... The original documents that are sent via snail mail are scanned in by a different area, and sometimes... the don't scan them in a way where the scan is LEGIBLE.  And they just leave it that way?!  [removed]

So, I had to retake pictures of a few items, and resend them to Verizon via a rebate email that I was given.

After submission, the 2nd CSR told me I should get back on Chat and tell another CSR to void the Tracking Number for the $50 gift card, as I qualified for the BOGO.

And that is what I did, the 3rd CSR got up to speed on my situation, and cancelled that tracking number, and told me it would be 5-7 days before the status of the BOGO tracking number would be known.

I then brought up the issue of the Temp Numbers that were listed on the original Retail Installment Contracts (RIC).  I asked if that would be an issue despite the fact that when I included pics of the RICs on the resend, I added a graphic that said these were temp numbers, the actual ported numbers are xx and xx.

She said that WAS MOST LIKELY STILL GOING TO BE AN ISSUE AND THAT THE REBATE WOULD BE REJECTED.  I would have to recontact them to 'RE-CONFIRM' the numbers later on?!!!!

Fast forward to today's rebate status, and it says:

Date Rebate Submission Received:07-12-2016
Status Detail:We have not yet received the mail-in portion of your rebate; please allow 21 days from the mail-date for the rebate to be entered into our system.

Well guess what VERIZON, there isn't going to be a mail-in portion to the rebate, I've already sent that, and resent because you [removed] up the scan of the originals!

Yeah, so, back to the CSRs it is.  Chat Chat.  What a [removed]  Oh, and my Bills are wrong too.  Being doubled charged for most Surcharges.

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator