Re: Problems with 4.3 update, lied to by Verizon tech support
rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I agree the contract is for the service..my issue is then why are we not allowed to change phones? On my last contract I wanted to upgrade to the s3 and was told I would have to pay an early termination fee because it had not been the full 2 years. If I am just switching phones and keeping the same plan/service this should not be an issue then. it is just another way for them to try to make money and cheat the customers.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Although I see what your writing you must realize you can change phones at anytime. Verizon does not stop you from doing so. However you cannot subsidize another phone from them until your two years of contract are up.

Years ago if you were a really great customer Verizon allowed the early upgrade practice. Alas no more.

You can buy a device any where for FULL price, or a used device any where you wish and place that in the contract line with no penalty.

The benefit of having you pay just 1/4 the cost to use for two years would not work to well for any seller of devices. However they now have some dumb EDGE plan where you can pay 50% of the phone cost, trade it back in, make a down payment and again go through the cycle over and over as many times as you pay 75% of the phone (Down payment and half phone cost)

Good Luck

0 Likes
sherylrdh
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Galaxy S lll has gone unresponsive except for the flashing blue light. Not being the most phone savvy person, I am hesitant to take the thing apart to find the battery. Frustrating and unacceptable. Got this thing in Oct of 2013. Lasted a long time...NOT!

0 Likes
Inamat

My android has stop working except for a green light. I tried keeping it plugged in all day but nothing.  Anyone else having trouble. Can't call out. Using my iPad

0 Likes
SC-Claim
Enthusiast - Level 3

sherylrdh wrote:

My Galaxy S lll has gone unresponsive except for the flashing blue light. Not being the most phone savvy person, I am hesitant to take the thing apart to find the battery. Frustrating and unacceptable. Got this thing in Oct of 2013. Lasted a long time...NOT!

Getting to the battery is not difficult.  On the top side, there is a small slot, you can use a dime or finger nail to gently open the back cover.  The battery is easily accessible once the back plastic cover is removed.

0 Likes
sherylrdh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. I tried it and it worked! Yay!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone