Re: Problems after Update
robshark19
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went into my Verizon account and "signed up" for BASIC VOICEMAIL so that it removed the 30-day free trial of Premium VVM from my account.  Hoping that that helps to stop the nagging to enroll in VVM...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GalaxyClass,

I am glad to hear your battery is functioning properly. In regards to your visual voicemail notification, we would love to research further into that. Are you currently using visual voicemail or basic voicemail? Have you tried to completely disable the application if you are not using it? http://vz.to/1E0w76P

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

LindseyT_VZW 

Basic voicemail.  I hate to say this, but it seems to me and perhaps others with many different phone problems that Verizon is in a fog and not really dealing with any issues. I'm not directing this to you but to the VZW company as a whole, discussion, chat, service support and VZW stores. Most all of Verizon seems to be out of touch with their customers and problems. This Visual Voice issue is only a micro drop of what is happening in the real customers world that clearly needs to be address along with the others. Verizon has many fine points but sadly it would seem customer service is the first thing that now needs to be address. I along with many others want to stay with VZW but not at the cost of good service and support missing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion GalaxyClass. I see you mentioned a problem with the visual voicemail app. However, you clarified you only use Basic voicemail, are you still getting the prompts to use Visual Voicemail after disabling it?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

AdaS_ VZW,

Yes, I have done all that Verizon posted to the discussions and them some.There are many many more like myself who need VERIZON  to solve the on-going nightmare. It should have been address and corrected a week or more ago. But we customers get only replies that don't work and so all the problems continue. What does it take to get Verizon's tech service attention to fix problems? We don't want just a nice reply...we want this corrected along with the VZW support service itself. It's dead as in Not Working.   Thank you.

robshark19
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was able to get rid of the Visual Voice Mail prompts by agreeing to it.  Then logging in to my Verizon Account and cancelling the 30-day free trial of VVM and signing up for "Basic Voice Mail".

After doing that and a factory reset, my battery life seems better.  However, it is still only up to about 8 hours, was getting 12+ prior to the updates.  I have fewer apps installed since I had to do a factory reset...  Today I tried disabling Samsung Push Service to see if that help (and what conflicts may arise).

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

robshark19, your in a fairly safe area to disable the push service, I have not seen any major problems in doing this. Your battery may need to be re-educated to go back to a longer service life. Even

Li-ion's need help sometimes I've found. Try to rebuild the life cycle by doing a "soft reset" of the phone, then normal charge & slowly taking the battery down to about 40%. Then another norm charge followed by draining down to 25%, then normal full charge again and if battery is ok it should restore back better life cycles.

robshark19
Enthusiast - Level 3

Battery life seems greatly improved in first 24 hours after disabling Samsung Push Notifcations...