Problem with SCH-i535 android upgrade .
syed_shah

hi everyone

I bought sch i535 yesterday in Pakistan. it seems like somebody got it from Verizon and sold it here in Pakistan, the problem with the phone is that it is on android 4.1 and does not upgrades to a higher version . when I try to search for a software update via wifi , a msg appears that service is temporarily not available... would anyone plz help me on this

cheers

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem with SCH-i535 android upgrade .
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone can't locate any OS updates because it isn't connected to the Verizon Wireless network in the USA for the OTA (Over the Air update).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone can't locate any OS updates because it isn't connected to the Verizon Wireless network in the USA for the OTA (Over the Air update).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
syed_shah

any solution ?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it may not have not been a verizon s3.

0 Likes
aalburai

Actually, I have the same issue. I bought the same module here in Yemen and the android version in 4.1.1

I tried several times to update it but in vain. I always get "service Unavailable".

Please don't say that I can not upgrade it as I'm not now in USA. If the reason is that I'm not in USA, is there a way to upgrade it manually and how?

Brgrds, ABdu

0 Likes