Problem after update on galaxy s8+
PrButtercup
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently did the latest software update in my s8+. Since then I have to reboot everytime to make a call or it doesn't go through, doesn't recognize the wifi, and says no 4G when I am in visual range of a tower.  It crashes various apps consistently (chrome, fb, messenger).  I wish I could undo the update... anyone else having some of these problems?? I can't even make a phone call with my phone anymore 🤔

Thanks, Elise

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem after update on galaxy s8+
Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

Hello @PrButtercup ,

You might want to consider doing a master (factory) reset on the phone. This way you can reset the phone and maybe refresh the sofware. Be mindful to backup ur data first as this process will wipe the phone and reset it back to factory settings as if u just unboxed the phone.
@PrButtercup wrote:

I recently did the latest software update in my s8+. Since then I have to reboot everytime to make a call or it doesn't go through, doesn't recognize the wifi, and says no 4G when I am in visual range of a tower.  It crashes various apps consistently (chrome, fb, messenger).  I wish I could undo the update... anyone else having some of these problems?? I can't even make a phone call with my phone anymore 🤔

Thanks, Elise

0 Likes
Re: Problem after update on galaxy s8+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for that suggestion, Bruce27u01. Before completing a factory reset, we recommend running the Samsung Software Upgrade Assistant. The steps can be found here 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-update-upgrade-assistant/

PrButtercup, thanks for taking the time to contact us regarding your software upgrade experience. Although we can't go back to the previous version, the Upgrade Assistant Tool should get you back on track to use your phone again. Can you let us know how things work once this is done? 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes