Poor network connection
Mmoloney

I just upgraded to the same edge plus and I am very disappointed in the network reception. With my s5 i had 4g everywhere and my wireless connections were strong and stable. With the s 6 edge plus, there are places that I have no signal at all and streaming content is constantly buffering. A reboot helps sometimes, but it is still less than I had with the s5. If there isn't a solution I will take the phone back.

0 Likes
Re: Poor network connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to love that amazing new phone. Lets look into this. Are you using the same SIM card that was in your previous phone? How long have you had the new phone? What is your network mode set as http://spr.ly/6582BH4Or ?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mmoloney

I have had it 4 days. It is set for global.

0 Likes
Mmoloney

I am not using the same sim card.

0 Likes
Mmoloney

It is not the same sim card. I have had it 4 days and the mode is global.

On Aug 29, 2015 11:45 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your cooperation so far. Lets change that setting to see if there is any improvement. Can you turn off HD voice to see if there is any improvement?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mmoloney

I don't think I have that.  I looked under advanced calling in the settings and it says to upgrade to HD voice and Video calling, so that tells me I am not using HD voice.

0 Likes
Mmoloney

I also went to the Verizon store and they swapped the SIM card, but that didn't help either.

0 Likes
Mmoloney

I have noticed that when I get a call, the network connection goes to 1x and then goes back up to 3g or 4g when I end the call.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Mmoloney wrote:

I have noticed that when I get a call, the network connection goes to 1x and then goes back up to 3g or 4g when I end the call.

That's because, without AC enabled, you can only be on voice OR data, not both at the same time.  When you make a call, 1X is used, 4G when off a call.

0 Likes