Plugged in my phone, smelled burning, phone started smoking... Galaxy S6, whyyy?
Ozzifer

What do I do from here? I have heard of phone blowing up recently, and so I reasonably got scared to try to charge it anymore. It started burning from the charge port and emitting black smoke. What do I do from here?

0 Likes
Re: Plugged in my phone, smelled burning, phone started smoking... Galaxy S6, whyyy?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ozzifer, we always want you to be safe. We don't want you to have this kind experience with your device. We recommend taking your device to a nearby Verizon Corporate store. This way, our agents can take a look at your device and at this behavior. When did this first start? Have you had any issues with charging in the past? Is there any physical or water/liquid damage on the device?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes