Pictures show up in texts
DAVNEW84

Why do pictures from my gallery show up in text from other people ?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pictures show up in texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVENEW84, we want to ensure that your pictures are exactly where you want them to be. Can you tell us the make/model of your phone? What application do you use for texting? Please describe exactly where you see these pictures.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DAVNEW84

Thank you for responding.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Texting app is Messages

Pictures show up occasionally from someone in a group text.

If you need further info, let me know.

Thanks

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the information, DAVNEW84. Let's gather some additional information and see what we can find. Just to clarify, you mentioned that pictures from your gallery are showing up in texts from other people. Are you saying that one of your pictures is in the body of their message? Or does one of your pictures randomly show up as a text message from someone else? Do you notice any pattern with this at all? For example, is it coming from the same number(s) or numbers from a different carrier? Please elaborate so we know which direction to take.

Thanks so much,

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAVNEW84

It has only happened about 4 times, from June until last week.

Different pics from my Gallery show up in the body of a message and

once just as a text. All from different numbers. All Verizon carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is really odd, DAVNEW84. Just to make sure I’m on the same page, does the person you’re in the message thread with see that picture in their message history as well? What is the person attempting to send when you end up seeing a picture from your gallery instead?

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAVNEW84

The people that are sending text do not see the pictures that show up

on my messages (phone). They are just sending word texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVNEW84,

Thanks for those additional details, so let's keep going. As these pictures are not consistent (only 4 over the last 2 months), are they the same picture being sent? If looking at the text message thread where this photo was sent, does it say "MMS" with a time next to it? If possible, see if the recipient of these phantom photos can compare their side of the text messages to yours.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate that clarification DAVNEW84. I think we're getting close to figuring this out. Are you using our Messages+ app for your texts or a different texting app like Hangouts or What's App? Also since this is only occurring in group messages, is your phone using random pictures from your gallery or are they related to anyone in the group somehow? Lastly, are the pics from your gallery coming from the main Camera shots or from older folders like Screenshots, Facebook photos, Messaging photos or something similar?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAVNEW84

I use Messages, not Messages+. The photos have no relation to the people. All photos come from main camera.

It is different photos that appear and it does say MMS with the time.

I am the recipient. Photos appear when someone text me. Senders do not see them, even when I reply.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

0 Likes