Pictures on Phone and Google+
critter27

I use a galaxy s4, my photos are backed up to google+.  Will deleting pictures from the gallery on my phone affect the pictures on google+?  I'm trying to clear up some phone memory.

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pictures on Phone and Google+
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest signing into you Google+ account from a computer and verify the photos are there. Then you can delete the pictures stored locally on your device. Alternatively you can move the photos from you phone to your computer via the USB cable that came with your phone.

When you are deleting from your phone, you should be careful to delete from the local folders and not the Picasa/Google+ synced folders.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Pictures on Phone and Google
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi critter27 - We certainly do not want you to lose those precious memories! I would suggest your best option to ensure the pictures are backed up is store them in one of the many available Cloud services. http://www.vzw.com/cloud is a great resource to learn about our service. Also if using Google you can check to see if they are stored in Google Drive which is the Google Cloud service.

0 Likes
Re: Pictures on Phone and Google+
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest signing into you Google+ account from a computer and verify the photos are there. Then you can delete the pictures stored locally on your device. Alternatively you can move the photos from you phone to your computer via the USB cable that came with your phone.

When you are deleting from your phone, you should be careful to delete from the local folders and not the Picasa/Google+ synced folders.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes