Phone uses up data without me using it
thebloodyscott

I've barely used the phone in the past 6 days and it says I've used 25% of data in that time.  What's the problem?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone uses up data without me using it
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What type of phone do you have? Do you have the updates on automatic for your phone or the apps?

0 Likes
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee
I understand it is important to know where you data is going to Thebloodyscott. What is the make/model of your device? Do you have WiFi turned on or off? Have you done any updates lately? 

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thebloodyscott

Samsung galaxy s6, wifi was turned off until more recently, was forced

to do a stupid huge update to my phone which lasted forever recently,

forget if it was during that period or not

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know I rely on my phone's data all the time, both on WIFI and on the Verizon Wireless network. It's upsetting when there's an unexpected spike in usage, thebloodyscott. It's good that you checked on the WIFI setting. Here's more helpful information on how to see more detail about how that data was used: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152114/  Please keep us posted on what happens.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thebloddyscott,

I do appreciate you providing me with that information. Have you logged into your My Verizon online to take a look at your Data Utilization? You can even export a spread sheet to show you every MB that you have used. Let us know if you need the steps to get there to take a look.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my  response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in  advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

You may want to go into play store settings and turn off automatic updates and for the play store just to do updates over wifi only.Also go into settings-data usage-mobile data usage and tap on all the apps in there that you don't want to waste data on and turn off allow background data usage. I have everything turned off although some of the apps still use the background data but not nearly as much as it used to. I use to lose over 100 mbs a month but now it usually less then 10 mbs

0 Likes