Phone reverts to Factory Default settings
George35

I have a Samsung Galaxy A50 (Android 9.0) phone. Since I purchased it in September 2019, it has twice kicked itself into Factory Default settings and I have lost all my apps/data/etc. I believe this is either happening internally or the combination of holding the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time (which is unlikely, but possible since all buttons are on the right side of the phone now.).  Fortunately I still have my old phone so I can run Samsung Smart Switch to get the old phone content back, but I still need to rebuild everything since that time.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem like this? Is it possible my phone is defective?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone reverts to Factory Default settings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very alarming to read, and I'm terribly sorry that you have lost your information permanently twice. This is never how we would want our devices to perform. Do you have any physical/water damage to your phone? How long have you had this phone?  MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
George35

In the 3 months since I purchased the phone (Sep 2019), it has reset itself to Factory Default settings twice. I discussed this issue with VZW Technical Support (Dianna) on 11/28/19 and she said it sounds like a software failure with the phone.

In the 1st failure instance, the phone was in my pocket. When I pulled it out it was going through the Initialize Settings process and could not be stopped. The 2nd instance was when I pulled the phone out of my gym bag and it was going through the same reset process. In neither case was the phone wet or physically damaged.

I am hoping the replacement phone I will be getting this week resolves the issue once and for all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear you were able to receive assistance with our Technical Support Team, George35. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues after you activate your replacement device. 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes