Phone hangs up after exactly two hours
HalJordan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge that has been a good phone with no problems, until now. For the last two days I have been on some long phone calls, but my phone keeps hanging up. At first I thought I had accidentally pressed the "end call" button with my face. But then when I checked the call duration for yesterday's long call, it showed times of 2 hrs 0 min 2 sec, 2 hrs 0 min 0 sec, 2 hrs 0 min 1 sec, and 12 mins 35 sec.  So the phone is deliberately terminating my calls at the two hour mark. I would like to turn off the timer that is causing this problem. How can I do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone hangs up after exactly two hours
HalJordan
Enthusiast - Level 2

This always happened when I was talking to one person, who was also using a cellular phone. Recently I talked with her using a land line phone, and the call was also disconnected after exactly two hours. So I am assuming that her phone is the problem here, and not mine. And her phone is not on the Verizon network. 😉 Thanks for your investigation time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, HalJordan. Could I have the ZIP Code for your location, so I may review your area for any open alerts? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
HalJordan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. I am in Iona, Idaho, zip code 83427.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great news, there are no network alerts in your area. Can you elaborate on what issues you are experiencing?

0 Likes
HalJordan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have any more information than I already gave. The call is terminated at the two hour mark, repeatedly, while I am still talking, and with no action on my part to end the call.

0 Likes
HalJordan
Enthusiast - Level 2

This always happened when I was talking to one person, who was also using a cellular phone. Recently I talked with her using a land line phone, and the call was also disconnected after exactly two hours. So I am assuming that her phone is the problem here, and not mine. And her phone is not on the Verizon network. 😉 Thanks for your investigation time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted, HalJordan! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need additional assistance, as we're here to help! Stay safe, and take care.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes